Like a Phoenix, we have risen from the ashes of a technical bonfire that took the site down without warning. We are a little singed but the forum works. Help us test it out and let us know if you run into problems. We will pass on more information as we work our way through with our tech gurus who brought the site back from the dead. Thank you for your patience and welcome home! pM

Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Open ChallengesMake/Share a Christmas Card

Want to challenge fellow members? Post your challenge here.
davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Make/Share a Christmas Card

Post by davechinn »

minniev wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:54 pm
Even if you aren't sending home made cards this year, take a few minutes and come up with something creative. Here's my own offering this year. I took a photo of the country house, with Jack and two of the family dogs, and added Christmasy stuff like the snow we rarely get, decorations and words. Then ran the whole thing through some artsy paces in PS with brushes and filters and stuff.

Here's what it said on the back, since I could not in good conscience add the usually cheery messages:

In this most challenging holiday season, let's recall the best Christmases from our past, imagine the most wonderful Christmases to come, and cherish our loved ones while we remember the real reason we celebrate this special day. We hold you and your family in our hearts and prayers. Blessings for 2021!

I decided to jump in and add one to your thread Minnie. Not being very festive or creative, but an attempt to throw something together.
Attachments
Christmas card DEC_5143w.jpg

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev »

davechinn wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:36 pm
minniev wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:54 pm
Even if you aren't sending home made cards this year, take a few minutes and come up with something creative. Here's my own offering this year. I took a photo of the country house, with Jack and two of the family dogs, and added Christmasy stuff like the snow we rarely get, decorations and words. Then ran the whole thing through some artsy paces in PS with brushes and filters and stuff.

Here's what it said on the back, since I could not in good conscience add the usually cheery messages:

In this most challenging holiday season, let's recall the best Christmases from our past, imagine the most wonderful Christmases to come, and cherish our loved ones while we remember the real reason we celebrate this special day. We hold you and your family in our hearts and prayers. Blessings for 2021!

I decided to jump in and add one to your thread Minnie. Not being very festive or creative, but an attempt to throw something together.
And I am glad to see it! My card wasn't terribly festive but it has not been a festive year and the Christmas season seemed muted to me. We didn't get to have Christmas at the country house for various reasons. It was a strange, different kind of Christmas, but we made the best of it. Your card looks warm and inviting in a 2020 subdued fashion, so it feels comfy!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones