Like a Phoenix, we have risen from the ashes of a technical bonfire that took the site down without warning. We are a little singed but the forum works. Help us test it out and let us know if you run into problems. We will pass on more information as we work our way through with our tech gurus who brought the site back from the dead. Thank you for your patience and welcome home! pM

Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Project 52Piet's 2020 52 Birds

The goal of Project 52 is to take a photo a week. This is an easier pace than the Project 365.
- Start a thread with your name such as, "MyName's 52" or "MyName's Photo-a-Week Project" so other members can easily track your project. Some Posts May Be NSFW. If you intend to post any questionable images, please include NSFW in the title
Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Piet's 2020 52 Birds

Post by PietFrancke »

Psjunkie wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:16 am
So after some study of your fabulous image...I offer ideas for your pursuit, utilize what might inspire and discard what does not. I appreciate the opportunity to play and think...Thank you
Hi Frank, I am honored that you played with it and thought about it - heck, the two kinds of things that when done together, move humanity forward! And I think the very heart and soul or art (which I am not self disciplined enough to properly control), is all about using what inspires and discarding that which doe not. An area that I wish to grow in is emphasizing the strengths and pruning the distractions.

I love how the beak gained in strength and forcefulness - you made the bird more wicked in a really cool shiny way.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

Glad you found some value..I must admit I am learning to see light a bit differently from following along with you and minniev in the Landscape Painting thread...

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:03 am
week 37 - green backed herongbjs.jpg
Beautiful

And I think that clone fix I shared with you before would work on this one too, even though it’s created by paint instead of by contrast.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

week 36 - well, not really, Way behind and well into a new year. But number 36 -

Eastern Bluebird - did not do much with the bird, but wanted to create a background that would work well with the bird's coloring, so I figured it needed blues and greys to compliment it's blue and warm colors.
bluebirdS.jpg

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:22 pm
week 36 - well, not really, Way behind and well into a new year. But number 36 -

Eastern Bluebird - did not do much with the bird, but wanted to create a background that would work well with the bird's coloring, so I figured it needed blues and greys to compliment it's blue and warm colors. bluebirdS.jpg
What a gorgeous image! The bird photo is one of those perfectly posed/composed images so impossible for me. Your bird cooperated nicely and you captured it just as nicely. But the creation of the image is more than that because you managed to incorporate him into a beautiful background that sets him off perfectly. This would be a fine print.

I have to ask, did you create the background?
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn »

Stunning work with all images Piet. I need a big catch up and view everything I have been missing. 8):

St3v3Murray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by St3v3Murray »

PietFrancke wrote:
Wow, just wow. This is the kind of image you would see in a catalog at the Smithsonian or in a collectible coffee table book. Stunning! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:45 pm
PietFrancke wrote:

Eastern Bluebird - did not do much with the bird, but wanted to create a background that would work well with the bird's coloring, so I figured it needed blues and greys to compliment it's blue and warm colors. bluebirdS.jpg
What a gorgeous image! The bird photo is one of those perfectly posed/composed images so impossible for me. Your bird cooperated nicely and you captured it just as nicely. But the creation of the image is more than that because you managed to incorporate him into a beautiful background that sets him off perfectly. This would be a fine print.

I have to ask, did you create the background?
thanks Paula,

I started with something like the below image (it might have been that one.,.) and changed the color cast and did a multiply and overlay layer (I think) with a rough mask removing the effect from the bird.
Also here is my starting image. On the background, I think I rotated it and then once I got the colors good, I did further scumbling with a mixer brush and made the edges blend in with the background.

The start of the effort though was "mmm, what colors would work with this bird" - then all flowed from that choice.
bluebirdO.jpg
mp-bg-1.jpg

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

davechinn wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:51 pm
Stunning work with all images Piet. I need a big catch up and view everything I have been missing. 8):
thank you so much for your encouragement Dave!

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

St3v3Murray wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:32 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Wow, just wow. This is the kind of image you would see in a catalog at the Smithsonian or in a collectible coffee table book. Stunning! S-
thank you Steve!