Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Places ShowcaseDays' End / Summer's End

Location images not considered 'scapes; landmarks, towns and cities, parks, vacation locations, your house
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Days' End / Summer's End

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:29 pm
Just a lily.
just a beautiful lily, these might be good subjects also to drop into backgrounds.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:13 pm
minniev wrote:
Just a lily.
just a beautiful lily, these might be good subjects also to drop into backgrounds.
Oddly, I don't take many pictures that are conducive to this treatment, I am too fond of the Kitchen Sink and I fail to isolate subjects. I am more likely to use the methods, if I ever learn them, to cobble a bunch of unrelated stuff together and paint it into one far fetched scene using the paint to disguise the fact that none of that stuff was ever together at all.

For now, I am just plodding along painting the backgrounds and the wretched models. I'm gonna try a couple of my own when I run out of models which might be in a week or two.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:52 am
PietFrancke wrote:
minniev wrote:
Just a lily.
Oddly, I don't take many pictures that are conducive to this treatment, I am too fond of the Kitchen Sink and I fail to isolate subjects. I am more likely to use the methods, if I ever learn them, to cobble a bunch of unrelated stuff together and paint it into one far fetched scene using the paint to disguise the fact that none of that stuff was ever together at all.

For now, I am just plodding along painting the backgrounds and the wretched models. I'm gonna try a couple of my own when I run out of models which might be in a week or two.
you are doing good - you are ahead of me, I need to get serious and catch up!!!!

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:12 pm
minniev wrote:
PietFrancke wrote:
minniev wrote:
Just a lily.

you are doing good - you are ahead of me, I need to get serious and catch up!!!!
I've almost figured out what they want for backgrounds at this point. But I haven't figured out what I want, which is the question. Looking ahead, learning to use the wet brush looks useful though difficult to master. I think that ought to be among the first lessons they teach after the intro.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

This one's a little odd. I may have to run it through a filter that does Suerat type pictures for the heck of it.
Attachments
dam-2.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

Good eye once again minniev...quite the busy shot but somehow the tree trunk seems to ground the image, you always amaze

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:57 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:12 pm
minniev wrote:
PietFrancke wrote:
minniev wrote:
Just a lily.

I've almost figured out what they want for backgrounds at this point. But I haven't figured out what I want, which is the question. Looking ahead, learning to use the wet brush looks useful though difficult to master. I think that ought to be among the first lessons they teach after the intro.
LOL - the standard money accrual methodologies do not allow for giving you what you want right away!!!!

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Last one -
Attachments
dam-3.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magister