Like a Phoenix, we have risen from the ashes of a technical bonfire that took the site down without warning. We are a little singed but the forum works. Help us test it out and let us know if you run into problems. We will pass on more information as we work our way through with our tech gurus who brought the site back from the dead. Thank you for your patience and welcome home! pM

Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Animals ShowcaseSlither

Images containing animals of any type; mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, fish, insects
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Slither

Post by minniev »

Not a great photo but to take from a ledge hanging over the creek as this long tailed gentleman sailed by with his forked tongue out front.
Attachments
D2F53236-1646-48C1-AF74-5C54DC7CFD79.jpeg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

I'm sure it's a good image but you will have to excuse me for not opening it up....me and these kind of critters don't get along

uuglypher
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by uuglypher »

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:25 am
I'm sure it's a good image but you will have to excuse me for not opening it up....me and these kind of critters don't get along
Good ‘nuff to get close on ID; it’s either a fox snake or a Lindheimer’s rat snake - both of the rat snake family - well named as a group of snakes to be welcomed wherever found. That family also includes the s3veral species called “chicken snakes”, but none get big enough to swallow a chicken; now chicks and eggs? That’s another story!

Dave

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Don't be coy, Frank. You posted the most troubling snake image I've ever seen on a photo forum. :)

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

uuglypher wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:27 pm
Psjunkie wrote:
Good ‘nuff to get close on ID; it’s either a fox snake or a Lindheimer’s rat snake - both of the rat snake family - well named as a group of snakes to be welcomed wherever found. That family also includes the s3veral species called “chicken snakes”, but none get big enough to swallow a chicken; now chicks and eggs? That’s another story!

Dave
I know those fellows, we have plenty of them at the country house, but I wasn't sure this was one of them. I didn't know they enjoyed swimming. This fellow's swimming prowess made me suspect he was some kind of water snake.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by Psjunkie »

minniev wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 1:51 am
Psjunkie wrote:
Don't be coy, Frank. You posted the most troubling snake image I've ever seen on a photo forum. :)
Only cause I knew it was pre-occupied with something other than me........ Too many rattle snakes, too close, too many times.

St3v3Murray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by St3v3Murray »

Another one of God's creatures as beautiful as ever! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

St3v3Murray wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 4:03 am
Another one of God's creatures as beautiful as ever! S-
I was happy he was in the water where I could get kinda close without worrying about whether I'd ID'd him correctly.

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:44 pm
Not a great photo but to take from a ledge hanging over the creek as this long tailed gentleman sailed by with his forked tongue out front.
yuk - never get used to being surprised by one of these - they are heart stoppers, innocent or not!