Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

People Showcase'Ole' Blue Eyes'

Images containing people; portraits, family, lifestyle, street, photojournalism, sports, weddings
davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

'Ole' Blue Eyes'

Post by davechinn »

Since I haven't been on the streets in over a year, I thought I would go through some old files to re-process. This one was in Vegas 2014. My original process at that time was in B&W. I thought I would give a grunge color attempt a try for a change.
Attachments
'Ole' Blue Eyes'
'Ole' Blue Eyes'

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev »

davechinn wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:14 pm
Since I haven't been on the streets in over a year, I thought I would go through some old files to re-process. This one was in Vegas 2014. My original process at that time was in B&W. I thought I would give a grunge color attempt a try for a change.
It can be amazing what we discover rooting around in the archives. The grunge color works so well here. You’ve brought an interesting character more to life than monochrome might have done. Well done.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by Psjunkie »

Good technique all the way around but especially the use of light....Wonderful work Dave...

uuglypher
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus

Post by uuglypher »

davechinn wrote:
Yep! Dey’s blue!
Super image, Dave!
Dave

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

minniev wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:52 pm
davechinn wrote:
It can be amazing what we discover rooting around in the archives. The grunge color works so well here. You’ve brought an interesting character more to life than monochrome might have done. Well done.

Thank you !!! It's a never ending sequence of events when rooting around the archives. Some work while others seem to be boring, which makes wonder why I even took the photo to begin with. Once a photo is found (with interest) it can be entertaining where I start and end with the processing. This one still works for me and I'm glad that it works for you. Your opinion is of great value and is much appreciated. :cheers:

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

Psjunkie wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:16 am
Good technique all the way around but especially the use of light....Wonderful work Dave...

Thanks Frank, much appreciated for sure.

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

uuglypher wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 3:45 am
davechinn wrote:
Yep! Dey’s blue!
Super image, Dave!
Dave

Yeper, they are amazingly blue !!! I remember a couple of years ago, while we were at the zoo, There was this young girl (a worker volunteer) at one of the exhibits. I couldn't help but notice how beautiful her eyes were. So much so that I wanted to take a photo of her eyes only. My wife told her she had beautiful eyes, but I didn't have the nerve to ask for a photo. A regret I will always remember. Oh, and they were a lite green, go figure that. Thanks for commenting Dave.

uuglypher
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus

Post by uuglypher »

davechinn wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 2:04 pm
uuglypher wrote:
davechinn wrote:
Yep! Dey’s blue!
Super image, Dave!
Dave

Yeper, they are amazingly blue !!! I remember a couple of years ago, while we were at the zoo, There was this young girl (a worker volunteer) at one of the exhibits. I couldn't help but notice how beautiful her eyes were. So much so that I wanted to take a photo of her eyes only. My wife told her she had beautiful eyes, but I didn't have the nerve to ask for a photo. A regret I will always remember. Oh, and they were a lite green, go figure that. Thanks for commenting Dave.
I hate to leave it with sole emphasis on the eyes! It is, in sum, a a totally engrossing and haunting portrait - definitely among the most memorable in my experience! The possible stories underlying that expression are terribly heartrending to consider.
Creases of unrelieved pain and regrets… unrelevable?
“Take your friggin picture- why, honestly, should I care in the slightest?” - and he obviously doesn’t !
Searingly unforgettable !
Yes, Dave; it has incredible impact!
Dave

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

uuglypher wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 4:45 pm
davechinn wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 2:04 pm
uuglypher wrote:
davechinn wrote:
Yep! Dey’s blue!
Super image, Dave!
Dave

I hate to leave it with sole emphasis on the eyes! It is, in sum, a a totally engrossing and haunting portrait - definitely among the most memorable in my experience! The possible stories underlying that expression are terribly heartrending to consider.
Creases of unrelieved pain and regrets… unrelevable?
“Take your friggin picture- why, honestly, should I care in the slightest?” - and he obviously doesn’t !
Searingly unforgettable !
Yes, Dave; it has incredible impact!
Dave

Yea, I can see clearly now since my cataract surgery. It's the brain surgeon I should be worried about, but I'm not !!!
:|