Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself
We took a break but we're back and are working on marketing, growth, and good old-fashioned content.
Feel free to PM suggestions and watch this space! S-

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. –Eleanor Roosevelt

Photography DiscussionBest gear for winter photography

Photography related discussions with a slant towards learning and understanding the art and craft of photography
uuglypher
Mentoris Praefectus
Mentoris Praefectus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Best gear for winter photography

Post by uuglypher »

Hi glostars, since you are not dealing with action sports, or wildlife or fast- moving children at play then if one camera “doesn’t get the captures right” I have to wonder why any other camera might do any better?
Can we start with “What were the features that suggested that the captures weren’t captured right?”
Best regards,
Dave

WilliamVasty
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by WilliamVasty »

Just a reminder that what ever camera and lens you get make sure to get a polarizer filter for the lens. This will cancel out any reflections.

St3v3Murray
Site Admin
Site Admin
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by St3v3Murray »

If you are not dealing with action sports, or wildlife or fast moving children at play, then do you need a camera or will your cell phone be enough? S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by minniev »

uuglypher wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:24 pm
Hi glostars, since you are not dealing with action sports, or wildlife or fast- moving children at play then if one camera “doesn’t get the captures right” I have to wonder why any other camera might do any better?
Can we start with “What were the features that suggested that the captures weren’t captured right?”
Best regards,
Dave
I can tell you what the ladies I attempt to teach complain their cameras don't do properly:
Doesn't focus right, so subject is blurred
Blows out highlights
Makes colors duller than they should be
Makes pictures so dark you can't see anything

In every instance I've analyzed with them, the cause has been erroneous settings choices for the thing being photographed. Their cameras are excellent, but they don't yet have mastery of them.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones