Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Project 52Minnie's 2021 Project 52

The goal of Project 52 is to take a photo a week. This is an easier pace than the Project 365.
- Start a thread with your name such as, "MyName's 52" or "MyName's Photo-a-Week Project" so other members can easily track your project. Some Posts May Be NSFW. If you intend to post any questionable images, please include NSFW in the title
Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Minnie's 2021 Project 52

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:17 pm
No mixer brush for me yet....have a hard enough time with a standard brush
You oughta try it, it’s pretty fun.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:36 am
PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:54 pm
they both look really nice - I think you a gaining a nice command of getting the colors as you want them, they are beautiful.
Thanks Piet, I like painting apples better than creepy models..
LOL, paint is paint and color is color, but YEAH - damn it, DO WHAT YOU WANT!!!!!!

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:48 am
minniev wrote:
PietFrancke wrote:
they both look really nice - I think you a gaining a nice command of getting the colors as you want them, they are beautiful.
LOL, paint is paint and color is color, but YEAH - damn it, DO WHAT YOU WANT!!!!!!
I am painting on a formal portrait of an ostrich, and also a composite of my son's cat Cowboy wearing a superman cape and flying over Fort Lauderdale. I would never submit the one of Cowboy but I might throw the ostrich into the next portfolio.

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:01 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:48 am
minniev wrote:
PietFrancke wrote:
I am painting on a formal portrait of an ostrich, and also a composite of my son's cat Cowboy wearing a superman cape and flying over Fort Lauderdale. I would never submit the one of Cowboy but I might throw the ostrich into the next portfolio.
good!! I am looking forward to whatever you end up sharing.

uuglypher
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by uuglypher »

minniev wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:34 pm
Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:04 pm
cool..!
Thanks.
Hi, Min,
Thinking of you and hoping you high-tail it to somewhere safe before Ida reaches your area!!!
Stay safe!!!!
Dave

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

uuglypher wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:56 pm
minniev wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:34 pm
Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:04 pm
cool..!
Thanks.
Hi, Min,
Thinking of you and hoping you high-tail it to somewhere safe before Ida reaches your area!!!
Stay safe!!!!
Dave
Thanks Dave. We live 3 hours north of the coast, so we should be OK if we don't lose power. Katrina destroyed so many power lines/poles that we were without power for weeks, so we are hoping that doesn't recur. Meanwhile fretting over friends and relatives in New Orleans and surrounds. They could not perform a typical evacuation because of Covid and because this storm developed so quickly.

We made a final run to the store for water, bread, milk and an old fashioned manual can opener. The flashlights are batteried up, the cars are gassed up, the phones are charged, so we just wait and pray. Meanwhile it is a beautiful sunny day as it usually is the day a hurricane hits.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Intentional Camera Movement

Well, as you can imagine, I'm a little preoccupied with preparing for a hurricane that is supposed to find me in about 5 hours. I have not had time to do a legitimate intentional movement picture, but I did do one where I cheated, kind of, but it is something I have been intending to try for a while.

I pulled up one of my photos from last winter, high resolution on my biggest and best screen, a photo that had light beams and cloud formations that were sort of beam-like. I took a picture of the screen with a 13 second hand held exposure while zooming 12 to 40. It kinda turned out like I wanted it to.

Since intentional movement is something I like, I may try another once I get past the basic survival project for the next day or two - or more, depending on what happens. After Katrina I spent my days standing in lines to get ice and water and gas and other stuff, before eventually fleeing to Ohio once the airport got reopened. So I don't know what tomorrow will bring.
Attachments
v-8.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

Image looks good..hopefully Ida will move on by without incident

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:46 am
Intentional Camera Movement

Well, as you can imagine, I'm a little preoccupied with preparing for a hurricane that is supposed to find me in about 5 hours. I have not had time to do a legitimate intentional movement picture, but I did do one where I cheated, kind of, but it is something I have been intending to try for a while.

I pulled up one of my photos from last winter, high resolution on my biggest and best screen, a photo that had light beams and cloud formations that were sort of beam-like. I took a picture of the screen with a 13 second hand held exposure while zooming 12 to 40. It kinda turned out like I wanted it to.

Since intentional movement is something I like, I may try another once I get past the basic survival project for the next day or two - or more, depending on what happens. After Katrina I spent my days standing in lines to get ice and water and gas and other stuff, before eventually fleeing to Ohio once the airport got reopened. So I don't know what tomorrow will bring.
those are lovely colors!!!

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:53 pm
Image looks good..hopefully Ida will move on by without incident
Thanks, and Ida seems to have struck us a light blow. We were lucky!