Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Project 52Minnie's 2021 Project 52

The goal of Project 52 is to take a photo a week. This is an easier pace than the Project 365.
- Start a thread with your name such as, "MyName's 52" or "MyName's Photo-a-Week Project" so other members can easily track your project. Some Posts May Be NSFW. If you intend to post any questionable images, please include NSFW in the title
Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Minnie's 2021 Project 52

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:41 pm
I'm back from my first post covid trip - an adventure in Yosemite.

I missed a week along the way but will try to make up the night sky assignment I missed though I'm terrible at that.

This week's assignment: Golden Spiral. I learned something important. Lightroom (and probably ACR) have a variety of compositional overlays within the crop tool.

This is a shot of my grandson Jack, who was a hero in his first national park trip and first wilderness adventure. He's perched atop a stump from the edge of Sequoia NP, working on his Junior Ranger project book with the help of a stuffed deer. I will edit this one further for color and such before I print and frame it for him.
very cool - I thought that stump was big, but when I saw Jack, I knew HOW BIG! Nice composition and inspiring fun shot.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

St3v3Murray wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:10 pm
minniev wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 4:11 pm
Theme: People in an Image -

Well that ain't hard! Of late I've been playing a lot with photos of my 6 year old grandson's little league games. They are all terrible photos because the chain link fence cannot be avoided. It is too tall to get over, and the links are too small to shoot through. So I've been fiddling - mitigating the fat wire lines with editing & shooting with different lenses and settings. In this one I extracted Luke, then blurred the background, then masked it with a gradient to preserve some detail in the lower third, then put it all back together and ran it through some old film/camera emulators in Analog Pro. Then did some color grading and texture work. Still not great but fun and less distracting to look at.
Baseball Card ready! S-
I printed two for him and framed them for his room, which is beginning to look like a haphazard baseball museum.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:23 pm
minniev wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:41 pm
I'm back from my first post covid trip - an adventure in Yosemite.

I missed a week along the way but will try to make up the night sky assignment I missed though I'm terrible at that.

This week's assignment: Golden Spiral. I learned something important. Lightroom (and probably ACR) have a variety of compositional overlays within the crop tool.

This is a shot of my grandson Jack, who was a hero in his first national park trip and first wilderness adventure. He's perched atop a stump from the edge of Sequoia NP, working on his Junior Ranger project book with the help of a stuffed deer. I will edit this one further for color and such before I print and frame it for him.
very cool - I thought that stump was big, but when I saw Jack, I knew HOW BIG! Nice composition and inspiring fun shot.
Thank you! Now fill us in on your current adventure and show us some pictures oh please.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Weekly Theme - Glass

Here's a hasty little thing with some oranges and a glass photo ball sitting on a glass cake plate.
Attachments
_7071021-Edit.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

Hard to believe you got a pic with no one else but Jack in it......love the glass shot

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:31 am
Hard to believe you got a pic with no one else but Jack in it......love the glass shot
All the people were in Yosemite Valley, so we went to upper Yosemite and Sequoia, which we shared with only a handful of people. It helped that Yosemite is limiting day visitors too.

LymnLombibe
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus

Post by LymnLombibe »

Love this!!

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Theme - means of transport

I dont have much transport going on at the country house, so I made a photo of the shiny new utility cart we spent the day putting together. We will use it to "transport" gravel and dirt and bricks and sticks around the old farm to mitigate the various troubles one must address in such a place.
Attachments
IMG_1206D-Edit.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by Psjunkie »

Right on theme...

minniev
Mentoris Supremus