Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself
We took a break but we're back and are working on marketing, growth, and good old-fashioned content.
Feel free to PM suggestions and watch this space! S-

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. –Eleanor Roosevelt

Project 52Minnie's 2021 Project 52

The goal of Project 52 is to take a photo a week. This is an easier pace than the Project 365.
- Start a thread with your name such as, "MyName's 52" or "MyName's Photo-a-Week Project" so other members can easily track your project. Some Posts May Be NSFW. If you intend to post any questionable images, please include NSFW in the title
Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Minnie's 2021 Project 52

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:17 pm
minniev wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:46 am
Intentional Camera Movement

Well, as you can imagine, I'm a little preoccupied with preparing for a hurricane that is supposed to find me in about 5 hours. I have not had time to do a legitimate intentional movement picture, but I did do one where I cheated, kind of, but it is something I have been intending to try for a while.

I pulled up one of my photos from last winter, high resolution on my biggest and best screen, a photo that had light beams and cloud formations that were sort of beam-like. I took a picture of the screen with a 13 second hand held exposure while zooming 12 to 40. It kinda turned out like I wanted it to.

Since intentional movement is something I like, I may try another once I get past the basic survival project for the next day or two - or more, depending on what happens. After Katrina I spent my days standing in lines to get ice and water and gas and other stuff, before eventually fleeing to Ohio once the airport got reopened. So I don't know what tomorrow will bring.
those are lovely colors!!!
Thanks!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

minniev wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:49 pm
Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:53 pm
Image looks good..hopefully Ida will move on by without incident
Thanks, and Ida seems to have struck us a light blow. We were lucky!
Good to know...always good to be Lucky !

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Assignment - Combine two of your favorite images.

When I thought about my favorite images, the one I shot on Monhegan almost 8 years ago of the young fisherman rowing out to his lobster boat came to mind. I loved that image, and it played a role pushing me to learn more about editing, about using textures and shaping light to help tell a story. Most folks here have seen this image multiple times - when I first took it, when I did new edits of it as I learned new things, and finally when I had it printed on canvas as a gift to his parents after his death.

So I had to consider what might I add to it that didn't reduce it in some way? I decided to add a photo I took on my last Monhegan trip of his daughter, then 10 , as her grandfather taught her to row a dory to and from their lobster boat in the harbor. I tried to match things up as best I could (entirely different light and color and atmospherics, different camera and lens) and position them to suggest the daughter and grandfather were closer to the foreground but that their paths would cross before they reached shore.
Attachments
hope.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by Psjunkie »

A wonderful blending job excellent image minniev...

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:56 pm
A wonderful blending job excellent image minniev...
Gee thanks Frank!

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

theme: Rocks

I found some rocks but there was a bird guarding them.
Attachments
bird3.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by Psjunkie »

Well framed..

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:41 am
Well framed..
thanks Frank

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:40 pm
Assignment - Combine two of your favorite images.

When I thought about my favorite images, the one I shot on Monhegan almost 8 years ago of the young fisherman rowing out to his lobster boat came to mind. I loved that image, and it played a role pushing me to learn more about editing, about using textures and shaping light to help tell a story. Most folks here have seen this image multiple times - when I first took it, when I did new edits of it as I learned new things, and finally when I had it printed on canvas as a gift to his parents after his death.

So I had to consider what might I add to it that didn't reduce it in some way? I decided to add a photo I took on my last Monhegan trip of his daughter, then 10 , as her grandfather taught her to row a dory to and from their lobster boat in the harbor. I tried to match things up as best I could (entirely different light and color and atmospherics, different camera and lens) and position them to suggest the daughter and grandfather were closer to the foreground but that their paths would cross before they reached shore.
nice composite - If you didn't explain I never would have known you did a composite. Looks really good.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

I've got behind due to family emergency. Husband had surgery, requiring full time nurse, cook, housekeeper, and chauffeur.

Last week's theme was bark, and I had taken this picture in the swamp of one of the bald cypress that survived the mayhem down there. It's the only cypress I can get to without hip boots and close up conversations with alligators.
Attachments
bark.jpg