Like a Phoenix, we have risen from the ashes of a technical bonfire that took the site down without warning. We are a little singed but the forum works. Help us test it out and let us know if you run into problems. We will pass on more information as we work our way through with our tech gurus who brought the site back from the dead. Thank you for your patience and welcome home! pM

Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Project 52Minnie's 2021 Project 52

The goal of Project 52 is to take a photo a week. This is an easier pace than the Project 365.
- Start a thread with your name such as, "MyName's 52" or "MyName's Photo-a-Week Project" so other members can easily track your project. Some Posts May Be NSFW. If you intend to post any questionable images, please include NSFW in the title
Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Minnie's 2021 Project 52

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:50 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 12:00 pm
love the mystery of the lost key! And your landscape is marvelous. Love the color and mood and everything about it. The greens look great and love your splashes of warmth on it.
Thanks Piet. It was one of those pictures that are dull until you start pushing pixels around.
you made it like something out of a fairy tale. I believe that this image captures your earlier stated goal of working landscapes with a fantasy type feel. (I probably stated your goal poorly but that was the feeling of it that I came away with).

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:58 pm
minniev wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:50 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 12:00 pm
love the mystery of the lost key! And your landscape is marvelous. Love the color and mood and everything about it. The greens look great and love your splashes of warmth on it.
Thanks Piet. It was one of those pictures that are dull until you start pushing pixels around.
you made it like something out of a fairy tale. I believe that this image captures your earlier stated goal of working landscapes with a fantasy type feel. (I probably stated your goal poorly but that was the feeling of it that I came away with).
That’s what I’m much drawn to doing.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Letters out of Objects

This is a theme I really dislike. I have always found those pictures various objects put together to spell names or some catchy word like "joy" to be like chalk on a blackboard. So I know I didn't do it properly. I simply noticed Cowboy, my son's obese cat, curled up in the shape of a "C", took a picture and played a bit.
Attachments
cat (1 of 1).jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

I think you did well...certainly hasn't missed any meals

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 1:53 am
I think you did well...certainly hasn't missed any meals
Cowboy was a feral cat they got from the shelter, and he has really taken to the notion of having a home and a big bag of chow.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Theme: People in an Image -

Well that ain't hard! Of late I've been playing a lot with photos of my 6 year old grandson's little league games. They are all terrible photos because the chain link fence cannot be avoided. It is too tall to get over, and the links are too small to shoot through. So I've been fiddling - mitigating the fat wire lines with editing & shooting with different lenses and settings. In this one I extracted Luke, then blurred the background, then masked it with a gradient to preserve some detail in the lower third, then put it all back together and ran it through some old film/camera emulators in Analog Pro. Then did some color grading and texture work. Still not great but fun and less distracting to look at.
Attachments
_5130309.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

You're doing a great job...what fence, good work minniev.

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 1:49 am
Letters out of Objects

This is a theme I really dislike. I have always found those pictures various objects put together to spell names or some catchy word like "joy" to be like chalk on a blackboard. So I know I didn't do it properly. I simply noticed Cowboy, my son's obese cat, curled up in the shape of a "C", took a picture and played a bit.
LOL - C is for Fat Cat!

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 6:49 pm
You're doing a great job...what fence, good work minniev.
You can spot it with those sharp eyes!

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:48 pm
minniev wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 1:49 am
Letters out of Objects

LOL - C is for Fat Cat!
Exceedingly fat...