Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Project 52Minnie's 2021 Project 52

The goal of Project 52 is to take a photo a week. This is an easier pace than the Project 365.
- Start a thread with your name such as, "MyName's 52" or "MyName's Photo-a-Week Project" so other members can easily track your project. Some Posts May Be NSFW. If you intend to post any questionable images, please include NSFW in the title
Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Minnie's 2021 Project 52

Post by minniev »

This week's theme is Self Portrait and you can imagine how much I care about that theme. I snapped this thing to show me in my messy world - In my work room, in front of the antique chest that holds my camera stuff. The photo of my great grandmother that I repaired, wacom pen, flashlight, candy dish, a mended china cup, a paperweight, pastels, a couple of art books, some prints from Shutterfly, a bunch of business cards, a broken happy birthday banner from a party that Covid ate, a wooden art piece. Collected plates, old pictures, old furniture. View back through the dining room and Amazon boxes to the kitchen, to the coffee pot, dog bowl, more art... just my life.
Attachments
me.jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

minniev wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:00 pm
I've got behind due to family emergency. Husband had surgery, requiring full time nurse, cook, housekeeper, and chauffeur.

Last week's theme was bark, and I had taken this picture in the swamp of one of the bald cypress that survived the mayhem down there. It's the only cypress I can get to without hip boots and close up conversations with alligators.
Defiantly a narly bark shot..

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by Psjunkie »

minniev wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:01 pm
This week's theme is Self Portrait and you can imagine how much I care about that theme. I snapped this thing to show me in my messy world - In my work room, in front of the antique chest that holds my camera stuff. The photo of my great grandmother that I repaired, wacom pen, flashlight, candy dish, a mended china cup, a paperweight, pastels, a couple of art books, some prints from Shutterfly, a bunch of business cards, a broken happy birthday banner from a party that Covid ate, a wooden art piece. Collected plates, old pictures, old furniture. View back through the dining room and Amazon boxes to the kitchen, to the coffee pot, dog bowl, more art... just my life.
Lots of kitchen sink but just a hint of self portrait...well done

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:01 pm
minniev wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:01 pm
Lots of kitchen sink but just a hint of self portrait...well done
I am the kitchen sink!

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

This week's theme - high impact black and white.

I'm not sure what high impact means but I am assuming it means contrasty, Here's a couple of swamp pictures.
Attachments
s-5.jpg
s-3.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by Psjunkie »

Well framed and processed.....

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:08 pm
Well framed and processed.....
Thank ya!

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

(I'm late posting since we've been at the beach for a week of respite between my husband's medical concerns.)

Theme - Turn something ordinary into something else.

Well, that's kinda broad. So here is a light bulb turned into a bit of primitive paint.
Attachments
IMG_0966-copy-2.jpg
IMG_0966.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by Psjunkie »

nice image....but I would have never known