Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Project 52Pauls 52

The goal of Project 52 is to take a photo a week. This is an easier pace than the Project 365.
- Start a thread with your name such as, "MyName's 52" or "MyName's Photo-a-Week Project" so other members can easily track your project. Some Posts May Be NSFW. If you intend to post any questionable images, please include NSFW in the title
Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
Wind
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Pauls 52

Post by Wind »

Got some nice images there Paul. Did you miss a week :devil: Looking forward to seeing your images on the wall.
Also don't remember signing the model release for that sporting image :o

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by TomCofer »

Nice set Paul.
Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

pah43
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by pah43 »

Modeling! - you call that Modeling :spank:
Cheers,
Paul.

“Wherever there is light, one can photograph." :photo:

pah43
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus

Post by pah43 »

This week our local portrait group met in Onslows studio for our monthly meet. We had a great time experimenting with multiple exposures in portraits, we had a good laugh in the process. My new camera has this built in and I was keen to at least try it out - might never use it again but who knows its there and it has to be tested :D My aim was for a low key portrait in profile pose with if possible the models hair to be blended in the central part of the picture, this wish has caused me a few problems as that area got more light than the rest - some editing needed there :? Next time i will be looking for a degree of separation on this area. Im reasonably pleased with the result but I had a great night out anyway - thanks Onslow for the studio and Nickodian for being a lovely model 8):

Cheers,
Paul.

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by TomCofer »

It's always fun to experiment.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

pah43
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus

Post by pah43 »

Yes i love experimenting :D I love looking through my gear to find out what bits I havent used, then I just have to have a go and make it work - just because! :lalala:

Paul
Cheers,
Paul.

pah43
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus

Post by pah43 »

Not had a good week - hurt my knee and was unable to walk for 3 days, however come Saturday I got my stick and went for a short drive out of town, the clouds looked fabulous and I needed the break, these are couple from the trip. Both are HDR shots, 3 shots at 0.7 difference. :D
Cheers Paul

Looking back to Whyalla - Mount Laura

Looking towards the Middleback ranges (on the horizon)
Cheers,
Paul.

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by TomCofer »

Nice HDR shots Paul.

I feel your pain. I've been having some problems with a knee. Don't know how much longer I can avoid a trip to the doctor.

thcofer@charter.net

tsilva
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus

Post by tsilva »

pah43 wrote:Not had a good week - hurt my knee and was unable to walk for 3 days, however come Saturday I got my stick and went for a short drive out of town, the clouds looked fabulous and I needed the break, these are couple from the trip. Both are HDR shots, 3 shots at 0.7 difference. :D
Cheers Paul

Looking back to Whyalla - Mount Laura

Looking towards the Middleback ranges (on the horizon)

Sorry to hear about your knee Paul :( These are both nice shots. (OK)

I must admit I don't understand your 2/3 stop difference. This is well within the dr of a single image with your camera.

Still nice!

Tony
Tony Silva - Photography Enthusiast

pah43
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus

Post by pah43 »

I appreciate my camera is capable and I did have one correctly exposed shot which I processed as normal. This said I then processed the 3 bracketed shots i had taken in LR as an HDR frame, the end result was much more pleasing to me, colors seemed more vibrant and consistent with what my eyes had seen. I have to admit im very new to HDR - ive generally avoided it because of some of the extreme results ive seen. I guess, and please correct me if im wrong here, that bracketing (in this case by 2/3 of a stop) one shot will be slightly under exp, one will be "correct" and one will be slight over exp - this to me indicates that by combining them the software "finds" the optimum exp for all areas of the picture ie highlights not burnt out and shadows not blocked with all the mid tones showing correctly exposed details and the end result is a balanced picture (and if I remember the new histogram indicates this). Would I be better going for a bigger exp value say 1.5 stops when doing this type of work - Im finding it an interesting topic and while I can see it has limitations I can also see it has the potential to produce great pictures when used in the right way, Thanks Tony for raising this - its great to have someone else's thoughts - makes me think :?

Im mobile again, still taking my stick with me but thats a small price for mobility - and Yes Tom I think that discussion with the doctor is looming much higher over the horizon - gee I hate doctors :x
looking forward to some more comments on this topic.

Cheers Paul
Cheers,
Paul.