Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

People Showcasemasked couch potato

Images containing people; portraits, family, lifestyle, street, photojournalism, sports, weddings
PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: masked couch potato

Post by PietFrancke »

Psjunkie wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:43 am
Way too cool....what creativity
thanks Frank for your vote of confidence - it was kind of like popping a pimple I think - just pushed until something came out. Duck's thoughts made me revisit it..

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

more acne....

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

Psjunkie wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:03 am
more acne....
when I get better, I will revisit this one - I am (in my mind) knowing that only a mother could love baby revulsion - so mother must be drawn tenderly holding it. And the current baby hair will be mother's hands and arm, mother herself being on the left.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

I just meant more like this...using your pimple approach (thus acne)

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

This has certainly morphed into something ominously artistic. I tried the initial project last night, but not sure it will ever make it out of the gate.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:13 pm
This has certainly morphed into something ominously artistic. I tried the initial project last night, but not sure it will ever make it out of the gate.
stare at your hand (or whatever you are doing). Do not lift your eyes from the target (lift the pencil if you want). As your eyes touch the subject, so let the pencil touch the paper (photoshop paper in my case). There is only ONE purpose in doing this - to shut down the verbal part of your brain (known by all to be more difficult to do for our female membership). All energy is applied to "looking" - the pencil strokes are only to make the body acknowledge what is being looked at!! Give yourself good light and stare deeper and deeper.

The results will suck, other than the fact that you might see patterns as you might in tile or stone - but it is not about the results, it is about shutting down the verbal side. And it will shut down because it will see the job as needless and boring and then the non-verbal side will take over.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Ok, I tried and will post my result but it is way different than yours. It started as an ugly rambling line. Then, once I had the ugly lines, I began to decorate it with photo stuff of what ran through my mind which is incapable of not having words in it or at least pictures.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck »

Wow, wow and double wow. The transformation of this is fantastic. I will echo what others have stated and say your creativity is something worth keeping an eye on.

Overall I love the textures that have come out in the revamp. I'm also really digging the beam of light cutting through the dark.

I would offer a suggestion of maybe trying your hand at a series. Hint, hint. :)
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Facebook : Unitas Photography
Instagram : @unitasphotography
Tutorials ⇒ How to critique photos
NOTE: If you would like me specifically to critique your image, please let me know through a private message with a link to your post.

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

Duck wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 1:06 am
Wow, wow and double wow. The transformation of this is fantastic. I will echo what others have stated and say your creativity is something worth keeping an eye on.

Overall I love the textures that have come out in the revamp. I'm also really digging the beam of light cutting through the dark.

I would offer a suggestion of maybe trying your hand at a series. Hint, hint. :)
<blush> - seriously, thanks Duck for your vote of confidence. Someday I will learn how to paint and do a better job of producing form and light - thanks man!