Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

― Artistic Expression CritiqueSandcastle

Non standard photographic editing; collages, manipulations, assemblages, applied textures, double exposures
Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Sandcastle

Post by Psjunkie »

Not all images are cut out for this treatment and this was not the best of candidates but used it anyway...hoping it doesn't just look like a filter, if it does I'd like to know...I would appreciate all likes and dislikes.
Attachments
20190811FGS_5811-Sandcastle.jpg

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by PietFrancke »

I think it looks pretty cool - I like the effect. Camera right girl though is sending mixed signals, The head portion for some reason is looking like the back of the head looking down (optical illusion), while the hands portray her as looking at the sand castle.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Psjunkie »

Thank you...Being dense most of the time Piet I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to tell me. The person on the right does have their back to us with hands behind his back, bottoms of feet facing towards us..

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

Psjunkie wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:06 pm
Thank you...Being dense most of the time Piet I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to tell me. The person on the right does have their back to us with hands behind his back, bottoms of feet facing towards us..
you understood right - My first read on the body was that she was facing us, but the head told a different story (the correct one). From a story telling point of view, would have been better if all three were focused on the sand castle - but anyway, you understood what I meant, or you do now anyway... Be Safe

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Psjunkie »

Got it...no more parties at your place for awhile OK..humor the wife she'll manage the isolation. Thanks Piet

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

Psjunkie wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:08 pm
Got it...no more parties at your place for awhile OK..humor the wife she'll manage the isolation. Thanks Piet
yes - women have a critical and under appreciated place in our society. I get to decide the Big things like who should be president. And my wife decides the little things - like who gets to come inside (currently NO ONE).

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Psjunkie »

I'd make a smart a%$ comment about your big decision making but will leave it lay.........Bahahaha

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:16 pm
Not all images are cut out for this treatment and this was not the best of candidates but used it anyway...hoping it doesn't just look like a filter, if it does I'd like to know...I would appreciate all likes and dislikes.
I do like it. It's a little quirky but in a cool way. You have some dynamic suggested by the girl on the left, while the others are stationary. That gives an interesting animation to what would normally be a static image. The scratchy overlay and background are cool. Is that some kind of action, a special software, or what? Whichever, It appears you did a lot of your own original adjustment within it. Well done.

Will we ever have beach days again?
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Psjunkie »

There is an action, but it is basically masking and brushes that create the look...I'm not counting on the beach this year. Thanks for comment minniev...

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:03 pm
There is an action, but it is basically masking and brushes that create the look...I'm not counting on the beach this year. Thanks for comment minniev...
We were going for Mothers Day week, but of course that looks like 99.9% impossible unless the promised miracle happens and "it disappears".
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones