Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Project 52Piet's 2020 52 Birds

The goal of Project 52 is to take a photo a week. This is an easier pace than the Project 365.
- Start a thread with your name such as, "MyName's 52" or "MyName's Photo-a-Week Project" so other members can easily track your project. Some Posts May Be NSFW. If you intend to post any questionable images, please include NSFW in the title
Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2570
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Piet's 2020 52 Birds

Post by PietFrancke »

Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:48 am
sorta reminds me on moulting....keep it up
LOL - the wicked eagle of the East finally said "I'm Moulting". It most definitely was spending a lot of time preening or whatever you call it when a bird plays with it's feathers.

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3212
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie »

was referring to your painterly look

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2570
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke »

Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:36 am
was referring to your painterly look
not liking the look very much - it is ok near the head, but body is lacking.

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 6267
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:53 am
Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:36 am
was referring to your painterly look
not liking the look very much - it is ok near the head, but body is lacking.
He is a wonderful bird in a great pose and I’m insanely jealous that eagles hang out at your house too. I do think the approach to editing of his head is a little too different from that for his body given the angle of the photo. If you bring the editing approach of either end of him more in line with the editing of the other end, it will be more congruent. Having less detail in the nearer part of any image than in the further away part is always a harder sell than the other way around it seems.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2570
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:14 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:53 am
Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:36 am
was referring to your painterly look
not liking the look very much - it is ok near the head, but body is lacking.
He is a wonderful bird in a great pose and I’m insanely jealous that eagles hang out at your house too. I do think the approach to editing of his head is a little too different from that for his body given the angle of the photo. If you bring the editing approach of either end of him more in line with the editing of the other end, it will be more congruent. Having less detail in the nearer part of any image than in the further away part is always a harder sell than the other way around it seems.
I like your thinking!!! Will be out of pocket for a few days, but I am going to attempt your idea.

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2570
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke »

femaleBlackbird.jpg
week 28 female blackbird, just playing

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3212
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie »

Luv it Piet...

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2570
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke »

Psjunkie wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:38 am
Luv it Piet...
thanks Frank

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 6267
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:11 pm
femaleBlackbird.jpg

week 28 female blackbird, just playing
She’s wonderful. The fluffed up feathers are just grand. I love to catch a dam bird fluffing up. It doesn’t last long. Great capture, but what you did with it is what makes it. The texture works well. Is that bird selected somehow or is it just well blended? Good work, whichever.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2570
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:23 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:11 pm
femaleBlackbird.jpg

week 28 female blackbird, just playing
She’s wonderful. The fluffed up feathers are just grand. I love to catch a dam bird fluffing up. It doesn’t last long. Great capture, but what you did with it is what makes it. The texture works well. Is that bird selected somehow or is it just well blended? Good work, whichever.
thanks Paula - blended!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests