Photography DiscussionWelcome To PhotoMentoris

Bobby Deal
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Welcome To PhotoMentoris

Post by Bobby Deal » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:41 pm

Hello and welcome to PhotoMentoris, the newest educational photography resource on the Internet. This group of forums will soon be bustling with activity and we are welcoming the enthusiast and the professional alike. The culture of PhotoMentoris is simple, it is all about productive sharing, education and growth of the photographic industry and community.

There are lots of surprises in store for PhotoMentoris members in the coming new year and I can not wait to start rolling them out for you all.

The wonderful difference that will be found here at PhotoMentoris is that we are 100% committed to providing you with a network of professionals who love to teach and share their experience with others. No more do you have to struggle to find someone willing to answers those questions or point you in the right directions. The working professional and Enthusiast photographers of this community are here to help and to share their experience and wisdom with you. Together we can help each other grow in a safe and friendly environment.

We are just getting started and I am reaching out to new professionals to come and share and contribute with us everyday to help this community grow and flourish. I will be drawing heavily from my own background as a full time commercial glamour, portrait and studio photographer and educator to help deliver the best educational experience you can find on any forum. It will take us a little bit to get up on our feet but we are already crawling and in just a few days time I expect we will start seeing daily activity in several of the genre forums.

For those who are not ready for comment and critique the Gallery Forums are on the way as well as several forums for tutorials, challenges, contests and just plain fun day to day exploration of this exciting art form. So thanks for joining us, you are in at the very beginning, so hang on I am out of seat belts and this is going to be an exciting ride for all.

Thanks to all and remember "Creativity Starts With You"

Bobby Deal

Bobby Deal - Commercial Photographer

MY SMUGMUG GALLERIES

"The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"

PhotoMentoris- "A diverse artistic community dedicated to a culture of photographic education, sharing and creative tolerance"

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by Duck » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:31 pm

I am glad to be invited aboard on this new venture of yours, Bobby. I really look forward to seeing this community grow and sharing in what this forum brings forth. I raise a glass to a fresh and prosperous beginning.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by TomCofer » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:00 am

Ditto dat Duck!

Sorry, had to. I'm really looking forward to watching this community grow and develop.
Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

cyclohexane
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by cyclohexane » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:55 pm

I'm honored to have been invited to join this community on the ground floor. I'll do what I can to contribute and make this the place to be on the internet.
-Michael
Find me on the web: Michael Chen Photo |Blog ("coming soon" since before the dinosaurs roamed the Earth)|SportsShooter | California Wildlife

pmAdmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pmAdmin » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:37 am

I am honored that all of you would be willing to join be on the ground floor here. I know this place is going to be special once we get her all put together and the thing that is going to make her special is the people behind the scenes and those who come in on the front lines.

Duck should have our look ready for us in the next couple days and if I can ever get caught up on my client retouching (one more day I think) then I can get back to building the bnoard structure. We should be ready to go strong beta in 10-14 days

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by TomCofer » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:40 pm

I'm liking the new look/graphics already.
Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

Onslow
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Post by Onslow » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:33 am

Like the others here, I am honoured to have been asked to participate in the building up of this new site. :) I was quite surprised to have been asked. I'm still not a professional by any means. However, I do like a strong culture of learning. How I can assist people is up for debate, but, I do look forward to what's coming for the site.
Duck, I like the look already. :) Well done.

Bobby Deal
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Bobby Deal » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:28 am

Duck, man all I can say is this is going to be the sharpest dressed forum online. It is looking amazing my friend. I absolutlely love the camera armor texture in the background

MY SMUGMUG GALLERIES

PhotoMentoris- "A diverse artistic community dedicated to a culture of photographic education, sharing and creative tolerance"

billinvegas
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus

Post by billinvegas » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:09 pm

Howdy everyone!

Looking forward to this new forum!

Bobby Deal
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Bobby Deal » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:22 pm

Hi Bill, welcome to PhotoMentoris, I am pleased you have chosen to join us. Things will no doubt start off a little slow here, that whole you have to learn to crawl before you can walk thing but I can feel it in the air already and this place is going to bring a lot of education and pleasure to a lot of people soon. Feel free to start posting and helping us load test the servers and get the party started.

MY SMUGMUG GALLERIES