"The most difficult thing is the decision to act. The rest is merely tenacity." —Amelia Earhart

Project 52Martha's First 52

The goal of Project 52 is to take a photo a week. This is an easier pace than the Project 365.
- Start a thread with your name such as, "MyName's 52" or "MyName's Photo-a-Week Project" so other members can easily track your project. Some Posts May Be NSFW. If you intend to post any questionable images, please include NSFW in the title
Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
User avatar
Ceropegia
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Posts: 646
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:06 pm
Reputation: 68
Location: Appalachian Foothills of Northeast Alabama
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first
Contact:

Martha's First 52

Postby Ceropegia » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:48 am

Week 1 (January 1-7, 2015)

I did a 365 (my only one) at the other place and have taken a long breather. Keeping up with a 365 requires more effort than I am willing to put in right now. But, I have been waffling for some time over whether or not to do a 52. I wanted to start at the beginning of a new year if I did begin one. This evening, realizing the 1st week of the new year would end at midnight and I was almost out of time, I finally decided to take the plunge. Without any worthy subject at hand, I thought I would start with a selfie of sorts. Was blind as a bat without my glasses so had to let the camera do the focusing work. After a number of tries, this was the best it managed to do. I helped it as best I could with a little editing.

I do have to admit that I am quite intimidated by everyone here and am not sure I belong. My skill level is way below what I see here, but I am hoping to improve. To that end, I think a 52 will help me more than another 365, where the challenge for me seemed to be more one of quantity than quality.

FYI, I have started a parallel 52 at the other place , but may not use the same shots as I will here.

Image
My Eye - A Selfie by Ceropegia, on ipernity
Martha
In the Appalachian foothills of Northeast Alabama

http://www.ipernity.com/home/picture_taker

User avatar
TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 2748
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:42 am
Reputation: 35
Location: Fredericktown, MO
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Martha's First 52

Postby TomCofer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:18 am

Nice start to your 52 Martha!
Thank you for jumping in. :)

There is nothing to be intimidated by here. There is already a wide range of skill levels and interests going on here. By sharing and helping, we all gain. I love the fact that we each tend to see things a wee bit differently.
Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

User avatar
Onslow
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 1085
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:42 am
Reputation: 15
Location: Whyalla, South Australia
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first
Contact:

Re: Martha's First 52

Postby Onslow » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:26 am

Nice one Martha. :) I feel the same as you with these challenges. I have been thinking of starting a 12.... ;)

User avatar
Ceropegia
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Posts: 646
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:06 pm
Reputation: 68
Location: Appalachian Foothills of Northeast Alabama
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first
Contact:

Re: Martha's First 52

Postby Ceropegia » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:42 pm

Onslow wrote:Nice one Martha. :) I feel the same as you with these challenges. I have been thinking of starting a 12.... ;)


A 12 :D With all the posting you do, I would think a 52 would be a snap. Join us!
Martha
In the Appalachian foothills of Northeast Alabama

http://www.ipernity.com/home/picture_taker

User avatar
TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 2748
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:42 am
Reputation: 35
Location: Fredericktown, MO
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Martha's First 52

Postby TomCofer » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:20 pm

Ceropegia wrote:
Onslow wrote:Nice one Martha. :) I feel the same as you with these challenges. I have been thinking of starting a 12.... ;)


A 12 :D With all the posting you do, I would think a 52 would be a snap. Join us!

Ditto that! :)
Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

User avatar
Shine Gonzalvez
Mentoris Dux
Mentoris Dux
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:15 pm
Reputation: 2
Location: London,UK
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: Martha's First 52

Postby Shine Gonzalvez » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:58 pm

Ceropegia wrote:Week 1 (January 1-7, 2015)

I did a 365 (my only one) at the other place and have taken a long breather. Keeping up with a 365 requires more effort than I am willing to put in right now. But, I have been waffling for some time over whether or not to do a 52. I wanted to start at the beginning of a new year if I did begin one. This evening, realizing the 1st week of the new year would end at midnight and I was almost out of time, I finally decided to take the plunge. Without any worthy subject at hand, I thought I would start with a selfie of sorts. Was blind as a bat without my glasses so had to let the camera do the focusing work. After a number of tries, this was the best it managed to do. I helped it as best I could with a little editing.

I do have to admit that I am quite intimidated by everyone here and am not sure I belong. My skill level is way below what I see here, but I am hoping to improve. To that end, I think a 52 will help me more than another 365, where the challenge for me seemed to be more one of quantity than quality.

FYI, I have started a parallel 52 at the other place , but may not use the same shots as I will here.

Image
My Eye - A Selfie by Ceropegia, on ipernity

martha....a year ago i didn't know anything....the only way to learn is to post and learn by the critique given off those that know more....looking forward to seeing more of your posts...

User avatar
Nikodian1
Mentoris Inceptor
Mentoris Inceptor
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:50 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Whyalla. South Aust
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: Martha's First 52

Postby Nikodian1 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:23 pm

Martha I think your image is excellent.
My skill level is also way below what's on here , I'm going to stick at it and take on-board what I can from the experience offered in this forum and enjoy my learning kerb.
Jenny

Critique & comments welcome, Love to learn. :photo:

One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photo out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photo out of focus are a style.

User avatar
Bobby Deal
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 868
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:19 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Las Vegas
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: Martha's First 52

Postby Bobby Deal » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:28 am

Welcome to the pM 52 forum Martha, no need to be intimidated anywhere on photoMENTORIS as we are all here to teach, learn, share and grow. In this forum in particular it is simply about learning to channel our energy and to stay focused on the task (goal) at hand. You will see everything from High End Pro studios images to Instagram Filtered Cell Phone photos in this forum and that is OK. Your first little selfie here shows great promise and has me interested and wanting to see more.

Bobby Deal - Commercial Photographer

MY SMUGMUG GALLERIES

Studio Photography Lighting and Modeling Workshops

"The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"

PhotoMentoris- "A diverse artistic community dedicated to a culture of photographic education, sharing and creative tolerance"

User avatar
Ceropegia
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Posts: 646
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:06 pm
Reputation: 68
Location: Appalachian Foothills of Northeast Alabama
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first
Contact:

Re: Martha's First 52

Postby Ceropegia » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:23 am

Week 2 (January 8-15, 2015)

A cold wet and dreary week with no sun which made getting something decent a challenge.

Gadsden, Alabama

Image
Passageway (1)
by Ceropegia on Ipernity

Image
Passageway (2)
by Ceropegia on Ipernity

Image
False Front Roofline - Kress Building
by Ceropegia on Ipernity

Image
Detail - The Kress Building
by Ceropegia on Ipernity

Image
'Tis the Season's End
by Ceropegia on Ipernity

Image
Cleaning off the Seasonal Decorations
by Ceropegia on Ipernity
Martha
In the Appalachian foothills of Northeast Alabama

http://www.ipernity.com/home/picture_taker

User avatar
Ceropegia
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Posts: 646
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:06 pm
Reputation: 68
Location: Appalachian Foothills of Northeast Alabama
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first
Contact:

Re: Martha's First 52

Postby Ceropegia » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:56 am

Week 2 Continued

The CSX Railroad trestle bridge - Gadsden, Alabama

Image
Bolts and Board
By Ceropegia on Ipernity

Image
Under the Trestle
By Ceropegia on Ipernity

Image
Trestle
By Ceropegia on Ipernity

Image
Trapezoids
By Ceropegia on Ipernity

Image
Bolt and Boards
By Ceropegia on Ipernity

Image
Beside the Trestle (Sepia)
By Ceropegia on Ipernity

Image
Eye of the Troll
By Ceropegia on Ipernity
Martha
In the Appalachian foothills of Northeast Alabama

http://www.ipernity.com/home/picture_taker


Return to “Project 52”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests