Project 52TomCofer's 52 'cause it's what I do.

The goal of Project 52 is to take a photo a week. This is an easier pace than the Project 365.
- Start a thread with your name such as, "MyName's 52" or "MyName's Photo-a-Week Project" so other members can easily track your project. Some Posts May Be NSFW. If you intend to post any questionable images, please include NSFW in the title
Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

TomCofer's 52 'cause it's what I do.

Postby TomCofer » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:17 am

Ok, gonna kick this section off. Hope you folks will join in. A 52 keeps your camera from gathering dust and cures your itchy shooting finger problems, so let's go!!

Here's some shots that I took today during our family Christmas gathering.

Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Re: TomCofer's 52 'cause it's what I do.

Postby TomCofer » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:21 am

Continued from today:

Sorry, but they're both so darn cute that I couldn't limit myself to one.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

Onslow
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Postby Onslow » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:21 am

Nice ones of a family celebration. :)

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby TomCofer » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:56 pm

Thanks John.
I've got shots of the rest of the family to edit, but these two little ones were the main attraction.

thcofer@charter.net

Coral
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Postby Coral » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:39 pm

They are just too cute!

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby TomCofer » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:56 pm

Coral wrote:They are just too cute!

Thankfully, they don't get their looks from my side of the family. :lol:

thcofer@charter.net

Bobby Deal
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby Bobby Deal » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:09 pm

A great start to the section Tom, I will take a third attempt at doing a 52 once I return home from Colorado. My first to attempts at Camel failed miserably, mostly because as a working pro I rarely pick up the camera and some days the work I am doing simply is not suitable for inclusion in a thread such as a 52

Bobby Deal - Commercial Photographer

MY SMUGMUG GALLERIES

Studio Photography Lighting and Modeling Workshops

"The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"

PhotoMentoris- "A diverse artistic community dedicated to a culture of photographic education, sharing and creative tolerance"

tsilva
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus

Postby tsilva » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:47 pm

Nice job Tom!

Bobby Deal wrote:A great start to the section Tom, I will take a third attempt at doing a 52 once I return home from Colorado. My first to attempts at Camel failed miserably, mostly because as a working pro I rarely pick up the camera and some days the work I am doing simply is not suitable for inclusion in a thread such as a 52

Well since this isn't the camel, why don't you start a 52 for your type of photos?

Tony
Tony Silva - Photography Enthusiast

Bobby Deal
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby Bobby Deal » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:11 pm

tsilva wrote:Nice job Tom!

Bobby Deal wrote:A great start to the section Tom, I will take a third attempt at doing a 52 once I return home from Colorado. My first to attempts at Camel failed miserably, mostly because as a working pro I rarely pick up the camera and some days the work I am doing simply is not suitable for inclusion in a thread such as a 52

Well since this isn't the camel, why don't you start a 52 for your type of photos?

Tony

As much as I would like to do this I have to abide by the rules I established when I set the community up which is that nudes may only appear in the Glamour section though O may amend that to include European style fashion magazine nudes in the fashion section but it creates issues with many people who simply do not want to see nudity or who spend time with their children in the room while participating in the community.

The other issue I have goes beyond nudity issues and crosses into client privacy and proprietary content issues as well. Some weeks I simply do not create images that are usable in a situation like this

Bobby Deal - Commercial Photographer

MY SMUGMUG GALLERIES

Studio Photography Lighting and Modeling Workshops

"The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"

PhotoMentoris- "A diverse artistic community dedicated to a culture of photographic education, sharing and creative tolerance"

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby TomCofer » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:26 pm

Bobby Deal wrote:
tsilva wrote:Nice job Tom!

Tony

As much as I would like to do this I have to abide by the rules I established when I set the community up which is that nudes may only appear in the Glamour section though O may amend that to include European style fashion magazine nudes in the fashion section but it creates issues with many people who simply do not want to see nudity or who spend time with their children in the room while participating in the community.

The other issue I have goes beyond nudity issues and crosses into client privacy and proprietary content issues as well. Some weeks I simply do not create images that are usable in a situation like this

I know that you are staying busy with everything you're involved in Bobby, but I for one would really enjoy seeing you do a 52. Maybe you could sneak in one shot every week of a subject that was completely out of your norm. It wouldn't have to be a portrait or even a person. Maybe shots of props even, like the steampunk stuff you mentioned. I know you're a pro and have a standard and a rep to maintain, but keep in mind that the 52 is (in my opinion) intended to be more for fun. It might even include snapshots with unplanned lighting. :shock: :o LMAO! Seriously though, a 52 usually contain shots of whatever catches your eye and that you think others may find interesting. I don't know how many photos of bugs, plants, or pets acting goofy that I've taken. Again, I know you're a busy man, but it might give you a couple minutes of "break" from work every week. :)

thcofer@charter.net

Return to “Project 52”