Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

― Architecture ShowcaseOld or new?

Images of man-made structures; buildings, bridges, statues, roads and architectural elements like windows and doors, stairs, etc.
Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Old or new?

Post by Didereaux »

The 'Keller House' Colville, WA Built circa 1908 t even cntains the brides piano, bedroom suite (birds eye maple). Worth the cost of the tour....it's free. ;)

or
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

tsilva
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by tsilva »

Nice shot Monte! I think I prefer the color one. The toned one just doesn't "feel" right to me for some reason. Perhaps a more true b&w with a slight vignette? I am just not sure...

Thanks for posting, I would bet it would make a very interesting place to explore.

Tony
Tony Silva - Photography Enthusiast

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Post by Didereaux »

tsilva wrote:Nice shot Monte! I think I prefer the color one. The toned one just doesn't "feel" right to me for some reason. Perhaps a more true b&w with a slight vignette? I am just not sure...

Thanks for posting, I would bet it would make a very interesting place to explore.

Tony

I'll play with the 'antiquing' of the House. A little more about the site; It also has a very nice Museum on the property with one of the best collections of Pacific NW indian artifacts outside of the Smithsonian. Also the brides old 50's Jaguar is on display in the worksop area behind the house, and the Forest Service lookout is on the property as well. Stone sculptures are to be found in the formal garden area. You could easily spend a full day there taking shots. Not much advertized which is a puzzle, but then again Colvillians aren't ones to toot horns. :clap:

added some grain and vignette to it.
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by TomCofer »

Nice shot. I prefer the color version still.
Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Post by Didereaux »

TomCofer wrote:Nice shot. I prefer the color version still.

I agree. I really don't need 'old' photos. If I want old all I have to do is look in a mirror. :rofl:

tsilva
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus

Post by tsilva »

Didereaux wrote:

I agree. I really don't need 'old' photos. If I want old all I have to do is look in a mirror. :rofl:

Then you shouldn't have any problems seeing how your photo should look! :lol:

I do like the second version better of the "old" ones, still lean towards the color version as better.

Thanks for playing today, you have been a lovely contestant. 8):

Tony

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Post by Didereaux »

tsilva wrote:
Didereaux wrote:

Then you shouldn't have any problems seeing how your photo should look! :lol:

I do like the second version better of the "old" ones, still lean towards the color version as better.

Thanks for playing today, you have been a lovely contestant. 8):

Tony

Thank you Monty! I think I will go with door number 3. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

tsilva
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus

Post by tsilva »

Didereaux wrote:

Before we show you what's behind #3, Jay is bringing the tray down with a box. JAY WATCH OUT FOR THAT... Oooh Well you now know that the box had a dozen eggs in it. Do you want the broken eggs or stick with door #3?

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Post by Didereaux »

tsilva wrote:
Didereaux wrote:

Before we show you what's behind #3, Jay is bringing the tray down with a box. JAY WATCH OUT FOR THAT... Oooh Well you now know that the box had a dozen eggs in it. Do you want the broken eggs or stick with door #3?

I am now preetty certain what is behind #3, so I will take the broken eggs. Afterall you only have to scramble them once, whereas you have to milk a dam goat everyday.

tsilva
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus

Post by tsilva »

Didereaux wrote:
tsilva wrote:
Didereaux wrote:

I am now preetty certain what is behind #3, so I will take the broken eggs. Afterall you only have to scramble them once, whereas you have to milk a dam goat everyday.

Very good, while Jay is scraping your eggs off the floor let's open the door on #3 and see what you passed on. While you are partially correct that it is a "goat", you passed on a fully restored 1966 Pontiac GTO!

Better luck next time!