Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

― Scapes ShowcaseWinter Sunrise on the Eyre Peninsula

Landscapes, cityscapes, skyscapes, seascapes, starscapes, panoramas
Wind
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Winter Sunrise on the Eyre Peninsula

Post by Wind »

Took off yesterday for a surf before sun up hoping to catch more than a wave. Has been very foggy here lately and down to -3.5 degrees. As I came over a rise in the road I found what I was after. Fog in the valleys with the brilliant green from fresh wheat growing in the paddocks. Was hoping for more in the sky but fog and clouds don't go together. This is a 3 image pano done in LR.
Attachments
1K6A9563-Pano.jpg

tsilva
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by tsilva »

Nice shot Eric! I really like the colors you have captured. Something seems "off" to me, but I can't really put my finger on it. It seems like my eyes keep traveling over the frame without really finding a main subject to draw me into the shot?

Thanks for posting!

Tony
Tony Silva - Photography Enthusiast

Wind
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus

Post by Wind »

tsilva wrote:Nice shot Eric! I really like the colors you have captured. Something seems "off" to me, but I can't really put my finger on it. It seems like my eyes keep traveling over the frame without really finding a main subject to draw me into the shot?

Thanks for posting!

Tony

I guess you are right Tony. Unfortunately only the Tower in the distance presented itself as a main subject and the fog filled valleys created some interest and abstract leading lines. Could have cropped different but 3 shot pano portrayed the scene. Wanted to leave the tree on the right for framing. Sometimes these panos can be lost in there small size on screen. Cheers appreciate your thoughts.

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Post by Didereaux »

Wind wrote:
tsilva wrote:Nice shot Eric! I really like the colors you have captured. Something seems "off" to me, but I can't really put my finger on it. It seems like my eyes keep traveling over the frame without really finding a main subject to draw me into the shot?

Thanks for posting!

Tony

I guess you are right Tony. Unfortunately only the Tower in the distance presented itself as a main subject and the fog filled valleys created some interest and abstract leading lines. Could have cropped different but 3 shot pano portrayed the scene. Wanted to leave the tree on the right for framing. Sometimes these panos can be lost in there small size on screen. Cheers appreciate your thoughts.

Taking in Tony's points, and yours I think I would have cropped it this way(preserving your aspect ratio). this puts the non-sky portion closer to 1/3 of vertical. And accentuating the foreground q bit more.
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.