Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Places CritiqueThe Peanut Patch

Location images not considered 'scapes; landmarks, towns and cities, parks, vacation locations, your house
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

The Peanut Patch

Post by minniev »

Early morning is the best time for gardening. Robert and Zeke took advantage of the cool to harvest a few boxes of peanuts, which will eventually be turned into the best peanut butter you ever tasted.

One of my "country documentary" images, all suggestions appreciated. I will print one for Robert and his wife.
Attachments
pnuts (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

beautiful image, looks like Zeke has made many friends and is living a very nice life! He is in dog heaven. Critique part... Roberts mouth area needs a little more clarity, it is a focal point and as such it needs to be well defined. Zeke's mouth shares the border with those boxes - it would be great if you could move the boxes slightly so that their edges/lines don't share the same space with Zeke's mouth/nose.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:44 pm
beautiful image, looks like Zeke has made many friends and is living a very nice life! He is in dog heaven. Critique part... Roberts mouth area needs a little more clarity, it is a focal point and as such it needs to be well defined. Zeke's mouth shares the border with those boxes - it would be great if you could move the boxes slightly so that their edges/lines don't share the same space with Zeke's mouth/nose.
Thanks Piet. I know what you mean about his mouth, though I'm not sure I can fix it. I worked on it a little without much to show for it. I'll try. And I may tangle with moving boxes as well. Zeke is not a very good model, most of my pictures of him are butt shots. If I call his name he may look up for one quick instant then he's gonna run and jump on me. Hyperactive animal.

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:24 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:44 pm
Thanks Piet. I know what you mean about his mouth, though I'm not sure I can fix it. I worked on it a little without much to show for it. I'll try. And I may tangle with moving boxes as well. Zeke is not a very good model, most of my pictures of him are butt shots. If I call his name he may look up for one quick instant then he's gonna run and jump on me. Hyperactive animal.
yep, when you take him for a walk, it is butt shots. Lay on the ground and call him, you will get one wonderful shot, and then enjoy the peace of laying in bed recovering for three weeks.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

Piet makes good points.....possibly a touch of that dappled light on Zeke's head and a bit tighter crop could enhance...

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:21 pm
Piet makes good points.....possibly a touch of that dappled light on Zeke's head and a bit tighter crop could enhance...
I got more detail in Robert's face by blending in some from another frame, but no luck in moving the crates, I can't rebuild Zeke's snout well enough. I had already brightened Zeke's face using a warming radial gradient in PS (I've just discovered that fun trick that works better than the one in LR), so I added two more.

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn »

Excellent capture. Seems as tho Robert has a watchful eye on Zeke's interest in peanuts.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

davechinn wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:17 pm
Excellent capture. Seems as tho Robert has a watchful eye on Zeke's interest in peanuts.
Robert knows Zeke cannot be trusted around anything remotely edible. He actually found a way to sneak into the garden, which he keeps gated to keep his own two out, plus Zeke.