Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
"Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better." - Pat Riley

Abstract CritiqueSwampBow

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1826
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: SwampBow

Post by PietFrancke » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:31 am

don't say things like that! If I got you, it's by 10 minutes, that all. Plus we probably aren't even going to the same place. Play with liquify, you will like it! Just make a big circle and drag things around.

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4922
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:38 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:31 am
don't say things like that! If I got you, it's by 10 minutes, that all. Plus we probably aren't even going to the same place. Play with liquify, you will like it! Just make a big circle and drag things around.
It's true. But I know you have gotten very serious about a specific kind of work you want to do, while I'm just dibbling and dabbling here and there. There is a difference in our approaches.

Make a big circle? I didn't know that. I've just been trying to push stuff about.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1826
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:55 pm

minniev wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:38 am
PietFrancke wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:31 am
don't say things like that! If I got you, it's by 10 minutes, that all. Plus we probably aren't even going to the same place. Play with liquify, you will like it! Just make a big circle and drag things around.
It's true. But I know you have gotten very serious about a specific kind of work you want to do, while I'm just dibbling and dabbling here and there. There is a difference in our approaches.

Make a big circle? I didn't know that. I've just been trying to push stuff about.
by that I mean just make the brush size (a circle) large. Changing the size of the thing is a key to success with the the process.

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1826
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:44 pm

Hey Min, I just watched this tutorial. I will watch it again, and then I will watch it again. Watching this has been a real eye-opening experience for me. You need to watch this also, it will cost you an hour, but you will see an unbelievable and easy to follow workflow. I wish I had seen this when I was dealing (or trying to deal) with all the smudging in my Conan piece. Anyway, this is a treasure!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7cMMFD ... e=youtu.be

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4922
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:48 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:44 pm
Hey Min, I just watched this tutorial. I will watch it again, and then I will watch it again. Watching this has been a real eye-opening experience for me. You need to watch this also, it will cost you an hour, but you will see an unbelievable and easy to follow workflow. I wish I had seen this when I was dealing (or trying to deal) with all the smudging in my Conan piece. Anyway, this is a treasure!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7cMMFD ... e=youtu.be
Thank you!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4922
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:07 pm

Here is another. Processed using a plugin (topaz clean) I have not used for a long while but have read that I really should learn to use it esp for composites. This patch of "oil slick" was in the light rather than the shadow so it had more highlight to help sculpt it. I left the squiggle of debris but considered taking it out.
Attachments
abstract (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2412
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:48 pm

I like it, well done...I would try to mitigate the brown spot sorta top middle..blend it into the blue color or something..kinda jumps out at you

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4922
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:52 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:48 pm
I like it, well done...I would try to mitigate the brown spot sorta top middle..blend it into the blue color or something..kinda jumps out at you
Thanks, Frank. And of course I didn't even notice it...
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1826
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:38 pm

I agree about getting rid of the reddish splotch - once done, the remaining colors will be pure and beautiful. Really like the sharp edges and the sharp twig reflection - has a broken glass feel to it.

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:54 pm

minniev wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:20 pm
Entirely different from a rainbow or even a dam bow. I shot several of these this morning. They are puddles of residue from the trees, various minerals and oils that pool together and form little rainbow colored shapes on the top of the water. Because it was cold this morning, there was a rim of frost on the edge that gave it a defined look. All suggestions appreciated.

Exactly what Frank said. Oil or gasoline spill.
Dave
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests