It saddens me to forward the news that our good friend and fellow photographer, Matt Quinn, has passed.
As some of you may know, he had been battling cancer for a while and was on his way to recovery.
Please take a moment to remember him in your prayers.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." - Leo Buscaglia

Places CritiqueWinter Morning

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Winter Morning

Post by minniev » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:54 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:49 pm
A pleasant image minniev.....with all that's been going on I just couldn't help myself....I've no ideas for improvement
Now that's pretty amazing. I wouldn't have thought of that.

You need to do more Frank composites this winter, while it's too cold to do much else.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:02 am

minniev wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:54 am
Psjunkie wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:49 pm
A pleasant image minniev.....with all that's been going on I just couldn't help myself....I've no ideas for improvement
Now that's pretty amazing. I wouldn't have thought of that.

You need to do more Frank composites this winter, while it's too cold to do much else.
Yep - might keep him out of trouble.

well...

Maybe.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:12 am

Took the trash out this morning and had to go across the street and get the neighbors trash out to...threw on a grey lightweight hoodie, my crocs, no socks, and no gloves......-21 actual air temp -47 wind chill.....I'll never do that again!!..you can't keep me outa trouble Pieter

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:25 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:12 am
Took the trash out this morning and had to go across the street and get the neighbors trash out to...threw on a grey lightweight hoodie, my crocs, no socks, and no gloves......-21 actual air temp -47 wind chill.....I'll never do that again!!..you can't keep me outa trouble Pieter
OMG... How long were you outside? Good Grief, you must be typing with you toes!!!! OMG, good thing you didn't stick your tongue out and touch the mailbox or something like that.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by Psjunkie » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:39 am

my toes were what go the coldest, normal crocs with the holes in them and I don't always lift up my feet so sometime I get a bit of snow in them...out long enough to know what they say on tv about frost bite is probably right. I'll be brief as I think we are highjacking somebody's thread.......One other time when I was young and dumb as I still am, I went camping in the snow in the mountains, got up the next morning and put on frozen socks, shoes, jeans, shirt and got so darned cold I laid down in a fetal position to get warm an go to sleep..I would never have woken up.........luckily my best friend kept kicking me and made me get up...it ain't so bad out there long as your back inside in less than 3 minutes

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:57 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:39 am
my toes were what go the coldest, normal crocs with the holes in them and I don't always lift up my feet so sometime I get a bit of snow in them...out long enough to know what they say on tv about frost bite is probably right. I'll be brief as I think we are highjacking somebody's thread.......One other time when I was young and dumb as I still am, I went camping in the snow in the mountains, got up the next morning and put on frozen socks, shoes, jeans, shirt and got so darned cold I laid down in a fetal position to get warm an go to sleep..I would never have woken up.........luckily my best friend kept kicking me and made me get up...it ain't so bad out there long as your back inside in less than 3 minutes
Y’all know I’m always ok with wandering off topic in my threads. It’s conversation. I like it!

Frank needs to adopt new apparel choices or he will end up flash freezing in place on the doorstep.

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:14 pm

minniev wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:57 am
Frank needs to adopt new apparel choices or he will end up flash freezing in place on the doorstep.

I just had a sudden and uninvited image of the Batman scene of Arnold as Mr. Freeze turning Frank into a popsicle. :rofl:
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:33 pm

Duck wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:14 pm
minniev wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:57 am

I just had a sudden and uninvited image of the Batman scene of Arnold as Mr. Freeze turning Frank into a popsicle. :rofl:
I keep thinking of the movie Frozen. (grandkids are more in the Frozen category but moving towards Batman)

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by Psjunkie » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:45 pm

Well I had to get out in it just to see(or should I say feel)...I heard it was history..coldest area on earth at the time.......

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:25 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:45 pm
Well I had to get out in it just to see(or should I say feel)...I heard it was history..coldest area on earth at the time.......
Colder than Antarctica.