Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." - Leo Buscaglia

― Scapes CritiqueRed Bluff

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Red Bluff

Post by minniev » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:48 pm

We had a day where it didn't rain!!

So I dragged husband out of his recliner and we went rambling about an area of the state we haven't explored much, and visited a place called Red Bluff for obvious reasons. It turned out to be more interesting than I expected, and we did some scouting about but will definitely return with tripod, polarizer, and other things hopefully on a day which has a few puffy white clouds.

This place is a big hole where a sizeable chunk of earth, including a modern highway and a train track including the train that was on it at the time, went tumbling to the bottom of a cliff, to the banks of the Pearl River. We did not find the train so I have to research better about its location, and we want to get to the water next time, and let me shoot the cliff looking up instead of down and sideways.

All comments welcome. I was wanting to emphasize the little tree that was lit up with the sun that slipped in over the edge of the cliff. The dirt there is super colorful. It's raining again today so I'm playing with the photos.
Attachments
red bluff (1 of 1)-2.jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:22 pm

beautiful colors and shapes - other worldly. Good job getting up and about! Looking forward to further exploration. Looks like next best thing to going to Mars.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:06 pm

poor husband.....Nicely framed, a treasure chest of opportunities it seems, good luck!...I can already envision the series with maybe even a dam bird or two

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:16 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:22 pm
beautiful colors and shapes - other worldly. Good job getting up and about! Looking forward to further exploration. Looks like next best thing to going to Mars.
Thanks! It seemed like Mars. Or at least like Utah.

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:17 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:06 pm
poor husband.....Nicely framed, a treasure chest of opportunities it seems, good luck!...I can already envision the series with maybe even a dam bird or two
There could be birds down by the river, and I am fascinated by a train that ran off that bluff. There was of course so way to get it out so it's still there, somewhere...