Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." - Leo Buscaglia

― Scapes Showcasethe sky is ink

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: the sky is ink

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:05 pm

minniev wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:38 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:17 am

the bird is the Northern SkullCap - when they get stuck they scream even louder than the Australian OhNo bird!

About dexterity, Me neither - but I'm getting closer and getting better at refining and seeing things wrong... But with layers and photoshop etc, dexterity is no longer a requirement!
“Northern Skullcap” :D

I do think there is a part of dexterity that PS won’t cure. I can see the things that are wrong but have trouble fixing them. I have the same trouble making composites. I paint myself into a corner almost every time. The corner is almost always in the same place, the inner edge of the middle right third. It is probably the same reason I cannot do other tasks that call for fine motor dexterity and nuances of perception. I am trying to learn some compensations for it, but it’s been a lifelong thing. I am un-graceful in many ways. I admire what you’re learning, and it gives me encouragement to keep up the effort.
your tinten composition would put the lie to that -- but your story goes far to say how skill overcomes talent. How hard work overcomes "its's easy". Talented people are lazy - it comes easy. The rewards are in the struggle. With PS, at least there is nothing that can't be undone/redone - the canvas is not ruined.

"I can see the things that are wrong but have trouble fixing them" - what a beautiful statement! Imagine trying to fix something if you can't even see what is wrong. It is all about seeing, and then being determined to fix - working hard to fix. Yes - we always have trouble fixing them.

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:25 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:05 pm

your tinten composition would put the lie to that -- but your story goes far to say how skill overcomes talent. How hard work overcomes "its's easy". Talented people are lazy - it comes easy. The rewards are in the struggle. With PS, at least there is nothing that can't be undone/redone - the canvas is not ruined.

"I can see the things that are wrong but have trouble fixing them" - what a beautiful statement! Imagine trying to fix something if you can't even see what is wrong. It is all about seeing, and then being determined to fix - working hard to fix. Yes - we always have trouble fixing them.
That is an interesting concept, that talent might become equivalent to laziness. Never thought of that. Untalented people get lazy too though. I sometimes grow tired of the fight and have to take time away, but eventually I get that itch again, to make something interesting, and one thing leads to another...
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:18 pm

minniev wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:25 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:05 pm

That is an interesting concept, that talent might become equivalent to laziness. Never thought of that. Untalented people get lazy too though. I sometimes grow tired of the fight and have to take time away, but eventually I get that itch again, to make something interesting, and one thing leads to another...
I think in Amerca, the most desirable attirbute we wish for our children is that they have "talent", or perhaps that they have "inteligence". I think in Japan on the other hand, they value perservarance. I think they have something there. I wish my perservarance was greater.

I think your approach is smart - find something about it that interests you and leverage it.

But in the end, a good idea that wasn't worked on... well, it might as well not even have existed. I think good ideas are a dime a dozen. Working on them is where the action is!

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:39 am

I'm one that can't draw stick people, but may look into Udemy drawing course. Thanks for mentioning it.!!!

The sky is ink is a colorful scene and I can't help but think of the Moody Blues song, "Nights in White Satin" when viewing.
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey