"Sometimes imagination is no more than randomness applied." —Piet Francke

Project 52Matt's Second Project 52: Windows, stairs and doors

Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2768
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: Matt's Second Project 52: Windows, stairs and doors

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:45 am

Thanks Minnie. Wasn't sure how to handle the situation and finally fell back on geometry, although I didn't have that in my mind. I was drifting more towards the nature and function of doors: keeping in, keeping out; hiding, revealing; inviting, discouraging. One door is closed, one door is open to the outside, one door is missing, one was not intended. Too much ? Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4231
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:44 pm

I’m good with that philosophical metaphor. That’s part of the power of Seeing, the depth of the story that can be found inside an image.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2768
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:21 am

Thanks,Minnie. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2768
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:26 am

Project 52 ⇒ Matt's Second Project 52: Windows, stairs and doors

#52-12: Window web

Taken through an old window covered with cob webs.

Matt
Attachments
photoMentoris (1 of 1)-22.jpg
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2768
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:29 am

Project 52 ⇒ Matt's Second Project 52: Windows, stairs and doors

#52-13: Front door to Dillingham House

Dillingham House, built in the 1660s, is the second oldest on the cape. I don't know about the color or whether this is the original door but I do know the old tree on the edge of the property by the highway has the most scrumptious pears. The owners are rarely here, coming down only occasionally on weekends during the summer. Every few years, the tree drops bushels of pears that rot on the ground. I doubt the owners miss one or two now and then. The bride makes awesome ginger-pear muffins and I have been known to drop in a dollop of butter while they are still steaming.

Matt
Attachments
photoMentoris (1 of 1)-23.jpg
photoMentoris (1 of 1)-23.jpg (223.3 KiB) Viewed 139 times
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4231
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:54 am

Matt Quinn wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:26 am
Project 52 ⇒ Matt's Second Project 52: Windows, stairs and doors

#52-12: Window web

Taken through an old window covered with cob webs.

Matt
Love this web-abstract. I’ve been sort of addicted to taking pictures of webs lately. You’ve done a good job here in using the through-the-window approach to increase the abstraction effect.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4231
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:55 am

Matt Quinn wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:29 am
Project 52 ⇒ Matt's Second Project 52: Windows, stairs and doors

#52-13: Front door to Dillingham House

Dillingham House, built in the 1660s, is the second oldest on the cape. I don't know about the color or whether this is the original door but I do know the old tree on the edge of the property by the highway has the most scrumptious pears. The owners are rarely here, coming down only occasionally on weekends during the summer. Every few years, the tree drops bushels of pears that rot on the ground. I doubt the owners miss one or two now and then. The bride makes awesome ginger-pear muffins and I have been known to drop in a dollop of butter while they are still steaming.

Matt
Great door, and great story (wish I had some of those muffins for breakfast). I especially like that stone door-stoop. Excellent geometry.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2768
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:23 pm

Thanks Minnie. The house is an example of the early saltbox style. I will take a shot from the side if the light is right and I can get permission.

Maureen made an apple cake last night for this morning's breakfast and threw in a few of the pears. Should be a novel treat,

Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2768
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:25 pm

minniev wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:54 am
Matt Quinn wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:26 am
Project 52 ⇒ Matt's Second Project 52: Windows, stairs and doors

#52-12: Window web

Taken through an old window covered with cob webs.

Matt
Love this web-abstract. I’ve been sort of addicted to taking pictures of webs lately. You’ve done a good job here in using the through-the-window approach to increase the abstraction effect.
Thanks Minnie. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2768
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:54 am

Light through a window on a new friend. Matt
Attachments
pM Exports--2.jpg
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests