Image ProcessingTopaz Impression

pop511
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Topaz Impression

Post by pop511 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:49 am

I have posted the statue picture before, but I was curious how Topaz Impression would interpret the file.
Pic1 Original picture

Pic2 Cave Dweller1
Pic3 Sketch work1
Above names are from Topaz.

I know you can go in and play with images all day, if you wanted to, but these are as initially shown by the software and I'm blown away.
Tried the same settings on other pictures, doesn't work. So, yes all pictures have to worked individually. No surprises there.
Still using "Absolute" on my printer profile setting, but had a look at Perceptual again. In "Cave Dweller1", whites were increased on the statue and colour detail lost.
Just have to remember for this knucklhead to reduce 16bit Profoto down to 8bit before printing, as some pics seem to be outside printer range.
All for now from Downunder..Going to Japan soon. Or as I say Going to Nip on over to Nippon... :)
Attachments
Burns1.jpg
Burns_Impressionist.jpg
Burns_sketch.jpg
ed davis

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:14 pm

pop511 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:49 am
I have posted the statue picture before, but I was curious how Topaz Impression would interpret the file.
Pic1 Original picture

Pic2 Cave Dweller1
Pic3 Sketch work1
Above names are from Topaz.

I know you can go in and play with images all day, if you wanted to, but these are as initially shown by the software and I'm blown away.
Tried the same settings on other pictures, doesn't work. So, yes all pictures have to worked individually. No surprises there.
Still using "Absolute" on my printer profile setting, but had a look at Perceptual again. In "Cave Dweller1", whites were increased on the statue and colour detail lost.
Just have to remember for this knucklhead to reduce 16bit Profoto down to 8bit before printing, as some pics seem to be outside printer range.
All for now from Downunder..Going to Japan soon. Or as I say Going to Nip on over to Nippon... :)
I like the sketch version a lot. I use Impression and rely on the sketch effects a lot, though I don't think I've ever done one up this "pure" - nicely conceived.

Be sure and post some pictures from Japan!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:11 pm

have a great trip Ed - yeah I like Impression a lot. Often it is worth having the resulting layer be set to a blend mode and then add masking and opacity to add flavor to your images in a controlled fashion.

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Matt Quinn » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:41 pm

Really like the sketch treatment. Well done. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin