Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: MarshLord

Post by PietFrancke » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:56 am

minniev wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:34 am
PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:28 am
thank you Frank and Matt - I think the 7th day has arrived - PS is starting to crash on me. I don't know if my PC is getting flaky, or if it is the large number of gradients that I added. I found a stock image for the castle, it looked too nice to try to paint (some day..) I got rid of some weird colors and turned them to red to try to unify the piece and the then played with Nik and some textures to unify things. watch4s.jpg
Wow! It has taken on its own energy now. The castle is great. The dark tones set the mood and the little splashes of red give our eye a place to light, briefly and move on from to find the intricate detail.

It's wonderful. I have to ask though, are you satisfied, or are you still considering more work on it? And if so, what? If not, what is your intention for it? Print? Sale? Beginning of a collection on interconnected images? I'm admiring this work.
yes and no.. Better painting skills are needed (the eyes need work for example). From a post processing point of view, there was (besides the coloring and texture) very little. If I remember, I used Nik to bleach it and that was about it.
No plans for the image - it was all practice and learning, the men look a little stiff still.

One thing learned, "you can't beat the real world for getting a background". I tend to circle around like a buzzard - get something to work a little bit and then leave it behind. I just got a little more energy and have been hitting the ctrlPaint books again.