People ShowcaseColoring Eggs for Easter by Grampaparazzo

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Coloring Eggs for Easter by Grampaparazzo

Post by Charles Haacker » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:27 am

These are unabashed snapshots. If you wanna critique go right ahead. They are some noisy because they were shot in THE most abysmal light EV-ER, mixed, not enough of any of it, you name it. I do not have a flash capable of keeping up with even 3-shot bursts, and when shooting a 2-3/4 year old ya gotta keep up 'cuz they moves like quicksilver! So it was available dark from the get-go, and I do mean dark. I usually let my ISO "float" (auto) but I also usually "cap" it at 6,400, but in these conditions I raised it a full stop, to 12,800 (unheard of! Ridiculous!). A couple of these actually went all the way there. Many are 8,000 or 10,000. Most are 6,400. Ya gonna get some noise at them speeds, but thank goodness for 'em because these pictures, without some extra light that I ain't got, would have been simply impossible. (BTW I gotta new moniker: "Grampaparazzi." Fambly thinks it's hilarious.
:) If you would like to see the entire album, this is the link.

ImageI can SEE the egg changing color! Wow! by Charles Haacker, on Flickr

ImageIsn't this COOL?! SO much fun! by Charles Haacker, on Flickr

ImageMommy and I blow some pink glaze on the pink egg. by Charles Haacker, on Flickr ...That glaze is a new wrinkle. It's thick, about like honey. You drip it on the colored egg, then blow it around with the straws to make patterns and stuff. :)

ImageMommy helps me get the last egg into the drying thingy. by Charles Haacker, on Flickr

ImageMy family LOVES to laugh and laugh! by Charles Haacker, on Flickr
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:18 pm

Love this Chuck! I got so involved in my own egg dying that I didn't take any pictures of the messy event. Great candid series that captures what it's like to do this rather complex task. Love the last shot, of the now-famous Andi grin!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:50 pm

minniev wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:18 pm
Love this Chuck! I got so involved in my own egg dying that I didn't take any pictures of the messy event. Great candid series that captures what it's like to do this rather complex task. Love the last shot, of the now-famous Andi grin!
That's why they called me Grampaparrazo, free to document the whole thing for posterity! :lol: Such pictures of Matt when he was very young do not (so far as I recall) exist because I was helping him dye eggs. :( Oh well... (That last shot is our favorite too!)
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus

Post by minniev » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:27 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:50 pm
minniev wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:18 pm
That's why they called me Grampaparrazo, free to document the whole thing for posterity! :lol: Such pictures of Matt when he was very young do not (so far as I recall) exist because I was helping him dye eggs. :( Oh well... (That last shot is our favorite too!)
That's usually my job too, but this time I had the boys for the weekend Without Parents so I didn't have enough hands or brainpower to also do the documenting! I sneaked a few shots of the egghunt though.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:38 pm

what a laugh!! That last one is wonderful and put a gigantic smile on my face.

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:49 am

minniev wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:27 pm
That's usually my job too, but this time I had the boys for the weekend Without Parents so I didn't have enough hands or brainpower to also do the documenting! I sneaked a few shots of the egghunt though.
That's great, Min. I skipped the egg hunt on the principle I'd done enough, and it was indoors in even worse light (it was something like 28 outside). (N)
PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:38 pm
what a laugh!! That last one is wonderful and put a gigantic smile on my face.
I am so glad I could give you that gigantic smile, Piet, and thanks! :cheers:

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:32 am

The second is cute, but you have to love the last. Easter is real! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"