― Artistic Expression ShowcaseTulips on Super Bowl Sunday

RBorud
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Tulips on Super Bowl Sunday

Post by RBorud » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:34 pm

I just looked at the UHH incoming and saw some are already showing tulips. My word here we are hunkering down to watch an increase to the Twin-Cities population of some 20% for people to see a double hyperploid object being thrown back and forth and have their brains scrambled a bit, and its -2 degrees outside. Only solution to go to a corner market buy some tulips and say we can do it even under these conditions. As you can see I know little or nothing about football. I do hope some of you will like the tulips however, thanks for looking. RBorud
Attachments
DSC_1683.JPG

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:17 pm

Love the tulips and the lighting you used to illuminate them. Lovely way to celebrate Super Bowl Sunday, with a bowl of tulips.

I shall have a bowl of Red Beans and Rice instead of football. I have some interest in sports as a defensive result of raising three very athletic sons, but neither of these teams interests me, and in recent years the ads haven't been quite as much fun as they used to be. I'll check a few of those out later.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by LindaShorey » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:52 pm

Gorgeous light and color! I plan to watch the game 7 World Series re-run on MLB Network :) And though I'm from New England originally, I was over the Patriots after those under-inflated balls were discovered during a playoff game a few years back.

And like Minnie mentions, the clever ads seem to have all but disappeared (anyone remember the cat herders?!).
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

RBorud
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus

Post by RBorud » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:34 pm

minniev wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:17 pm
Love the tulips and the lighting you used to illuminate them. Lovely way to celebrate Super Bowl Sunday, with a bowl of tulips.

I shall have a bowl of Red Beans and Rice instead of football. I have some interest in sports as a defensive result of raising three very athletic sons, but neither of these teams interests me, and in recent years the ads haven't been quite as much fun as they used to be. I'll check a few of those out later.
minnieve thanks for your comment. The lighting was very easy just one flash above, left, and behind the flowers. A tiny bit under exposed and voila! Thanks for looking. RBorud

RBorud
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus

Post by RBorud » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:39 pm

LindaShorey wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:52 pm
Gorgeous light and color! I plan to watch the game 7 World Series re-run on MLB Network :) And though I'm from New England originally, I was over the Patriots after those under-inflated balls were discovered during a playoff game a few years back.

And like Minnie mentions, the clever ads seem to have all but disappeared (anyone remember the cat herders?!).
Linda Thanks for your thoughts and comments. Like I told minneieve the light was a single flash above, left and behind the tulips.Really easy. Also a tiny bit underexposed. Perhaps the ball should have been pancake flat. Thanks for looking. RBorud

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:12 pm

Very nicely done RB, and I realize this is not critique.....but wonder if you'd consider a horizontal flip.....

RBorud
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus

Post by RBorud » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:07 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:12 pm
Very nicely done RB, and I realize this is not critique.....but wonder if you'd consider a horizontal flip.....
Thanks Psjunkie for looking and commenting. I tried your suggestion and I realized I remained ambivalent. I being a lefthander I do tend to read images left to right. Despite what I am saying, there is nothing wrong with what you suggest, it is probably good either way.
Thanks RBorud

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by Psjunkie » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:22 am

I am right handed and pretty much go left to right...did marry a lefty tho so won't hold it against you.....

RBorud
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus

Post by RBorud » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:41 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:22 am
I am right handed and pretty much go left to right...did marry a lefty tho so won't hold it against you.....
Thank very Much. RBorud

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:04 am

RBorud wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:34 pm
I just looked at the UHH incoming and saw some are already showing tulips. My word here we are hunkering down to watch an increase to the Twin-Cities population of some 20% for people to see a double hyperploid object being thrown back and forth and have their brains scrambled a bit, and its -2 degrees outside. Only solution to go to a corner market buy some tulips and say we can do it even under these conditions. As you can see I know little or nothing about football. I do hope some of you will like the tulips however, thanks for looking. RBorud
I love tulips and yours are a beautiful reminder of why I love Spring! Thank you for the early inspiration! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"