Places CritiqueSunday Walk

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Sunday Walk

Post by minniev » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:37 pm

On our late-afternoon walk yesterday at the Sallis house, I turned and spotted my brother holding Jack's hand as they walked through some nice golden hazy light, and tried to capture it. Such things are always difficult. All suggestions, comments welcome.

House is progressing.... except for the pipes we lost to the worst freeze we've had in many decades. Not sure how bad the trouble is, but James is on it today.
Attachments
jj.jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:44 pm

Thumbs up again and again. I think this is iconic super nice endless path. The arches, the light, the beautiful soft colors. This needs to be printed and on your wall.

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Matt Quinn » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:57 pm

minniev wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:37 pm
On our late-afternoon walk yesterday at the Sallis house, I turned and spotted my brother holding Jack's hand as they walked through some nice golden hazy light, and tried to capture it. Such things are always difficult. All suggestions, comments welcome.

House is progressing.... except for the pipes we lost to the worst freeze we've had in many decades. Not sure how bad the trouble is, but James is on it today.
Magic. A gift. A treasure. Yes, print and frame for wall for the next generation. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:09 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:44 pm
Thumbs up again and again. I think this is iconic super nice endless path. The arches, the light, the beautiful soft colors. This needs to be printed and on your wall.
Thank you Piet. My brother has had problems going back to this old home place because the memories of when we were young and able bodied surrounded by family are just too painful. It seems these 3 little boys are helping make a new story.

I think canvas...

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:13 am

Matt Quinn wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:57 pm
minniev wrote:

Magic. A gift. A treasure. Yes, print and frame for wall for the next generation. Matt
Thank you Matt. My brothers stroke took so much from him, but kids can take our minds off ourselves, and this was proof. I can’t wait till we can stay up there, hopefully in another couple of weeks if the weather is kind.

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:48 pm

minniev wrote:

Lovely image Minnie !!! Canvas would look great and would hold sentimental value for years to come. Prayers for your brother. Wishing and hoping that things will get better.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:59 pm

davechinn wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:48 pm

Lovely image Minnie !!! Canvas would look great and would hold sentimental value for years to come. Prayers for your brother. Wishing and hoping that things will get better.
Dave
Thanks Dave. It would be a good one to hang in the house!

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Psjunkie » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:39 am

minniev, I am not up tp snuff yet and don’t feel I can contribute properly to the community just yet……at your request I am posting a bit different version than I originally pm'd you. I do plan to return at some point and thank you for your concern. Many variations are available for this image but all in my opinion should focus on your subjects a bit more than your original post…..
Attachments
jj copy_psjunkie.jpg

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:49 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:39 am
minniev, I am not up tp snuff yet and don’t feel I can contribute properly to the community just yet……at your request I am posting a bit different version than I originally pm'd you. I do plan to return at some point and thank you for your concern. Many variations are available for this image but all in my opinion should focus on your subjects a bit more than your original post…..
I think this is a good “path” for me to pursue to get to a printable product, especially given that you didn’t have the original to work with but only the little web version. I always enjoy your edits, and I do hope you’ll feel better enough to rejoin us soon. We miss you and your Eagle Eye.

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:40 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:39 am
Frank, great to see you. Your interpretation of Minnie's emotional moment is stunning!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt