"The more we study, the more we discover our ignorance." —Percy Bysshe Shelley

Project 52Minnie's 52

Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
minniev
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Minnie's 52

Post by minniev » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:20 pm

davechinn wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:17 pm
minniev wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:22 pm
Jan 15-

Self Portrait. Ugh. Well, this is an experiment I don't think I'll do much more of, but I did want to do something kind of original, so I used the camera to take a picture of me taking a picture of myself with cell phone.. or something like that. It was the only way I could figure to get a selfie in the swamp.

A picture within a picture for a self portrait is a very creative idea, Minnie !!! I like it very much, but what I am really amazed about is the fact that we can create and come up with some ideas that are way out in left field somewhere, only to find the creation was so simple and wonder why it has taken so long to think of it. The mind is confusing, (at least mine is) and wonder if it will ever be on track.
Dave
Well, I’d have never even wanted a selfie, so I had to think harder than would someone who does this often. Thanks for dropping in on my 52 thread. Next week Will be hard too. Candles? I’m not a candle person so have never tried other than the birthday cake shots.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

minniev
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by minniev » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:45 pm

Here is what happens when a woman who owns no candles has a 52 spinner- assignment of "candlelight" on a day when it's pouring rain, and she wasn't motivated to go buy any anyway. I found some leftover birthday candles, and set about doing something playful. Meet two of my childhood companions, Pam and Mary-Lynn, one of Aunt Allie's monogrammed salt cellars, and my living room around 5 AM. Then add some of everything.
Attachments
pam and mary-lynn (1 of 1).jpg

PietFrancke
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus

Post by PietFrancke » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:49 pm

down right spooky with their fevered flesh glistening in the light

minniev
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by minniev » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:56 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:49 pm
down right spooky with their fevered flesh glistening in the light
I was hoping they'd be a little creepy :) . They are made of a kind of hard material that dolls aren't made from anymore, so they are pretty reflective.

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Matt Quinn » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:30 am

minniev wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:45 pm
Here is what happens when a woman who owns no candles has a 52 spinner- assignment of "candlelight" on a day when it's pouring rain, and she wasn't motivated to go buy any anyway. I found some leftover birthday candles, and set about doing something playful. Meet two of my childhood companions, Pam and Mary-Lynn, one of Aunt Allie's monogrammed salt cellars, and my living room around 5 AM. Then add some of everything.
They look as if you were reading them Wuthering Heights. Maureen has her childhood dolls, perfectly preserved as yours are. And now she has started our granddaughter on her own collection. A good morning's effort, Minnie.

Since I can't post, I am way behind both my 52s. A lot of catching up to do when I get to my iMac. Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

minniev
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by minniev » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:46 am

Matt Quinn wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:30 am

They look as if you were reading them Wuthering Heights. Maureen has her childhood dolls, perfectly preserved as yours are. And now she has started our granddaughter on her own collection. A good morning's effort, Minnie.

Since I can't post, I am way behind both my 52s. A lot of catching up to do when I get to my iMac. Matt
I’m finding that, as Steve told us, the spinner project pushes me to do stuff I’d never have done otherwise. Which is not just good practice, it fuels creativity. I did things with this that I’d never done - candles , old letters, vintage drawings of butterflies?

I’m glad I’m not the only senior lady with dolls. I am sorry I don’t have a granddaughter to give them to, but I do have good playmates for building with blocks, making complex road systems for little cars and art, so I can’t complain.

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by LindaShorey » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:20 pm

minniev wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:46 am
...it fuels creativity. I did things with this that I’d never done - candles , old letters, vintage drawings of butterflies?
Truly awesome, Minnie! You have been on a burst of fantastic creativity and exploration with all your topics this month :thumbup: :thumbup:
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

davechinn
Mentoris Tertius
Mentoris Tertius
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:32 pm

minniev wrote:

Amazing, with a twist of ole' world appearance !!! Very creative with minimal elements on hand. Love it Minnie !!!
Dave

minniev
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by minniev » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:10 pm

LindaShorey wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:20 pm
minniev wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:46 am
...it fuels creativity. I did things with this that I’d never done - candles , old letters, vintage drawings of butterflies?
Truly awesome, Minnie! You have been on a burst of fantastic creativity and exploration with all your topics this month :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thanks Linda. This one was borne of desperation, I fear. But these darned spinner challenges force you out of your box! I was not all that eager to try them because I LIKE my box, but I confess it's helped me think differently, and that will probably help within the box as well.

minniev
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by minniev » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:11 pm

davechinn wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:32 pm
minniev wrote:

Amazing, with a twist of ole' world appearance !!! Very creative with minimal elements on hand. Love it Minnie !!!
Dave
Thanks Dave. Those little gals are as old as me so they are definitely Old World :D