Abstract CritiqueCypress & Ice

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Cypress & Ice

Post by minniev » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:54 am

I reckon this is abstract, it is a combination of slow shutter and motion blur, of the cypress you've seen many times and a day with slightly blue ice.I experimented a while till I got some with the based of the cypress showing at least as shadows.All suggestions and feedback appreciated.
Attachments
cypress (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by LindaShorey » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:32 pm

The motion blur of trees I've both done and seen from others is usually just from the base of the trees upwards. Your inclusion of foreground (or is this composite? I wasn't sure what you were explaining) brings additional complexity and interest. The darker shapes in middle are another terrific element. This topic is a great inspiration to visualize an outcome even while having less than total control, and to keep working hard towards that goal!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Charles Haacker » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Well, I just plain love it. I can't recall if you ever try to sell anything. You might get some bites if you had this and others you've made up on a stock site. It would make wonderful, restful wall art for offices and waiting rooms...
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:30 pm

LindaShorey wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:32 pm
The motion blur of trees I've both done and seen from others is usually just from the base of the trees upwards. Your inclusion of foreground (or is this composite? I wasn't sure what you were explaining) brings additional complexity and interest. The darker shapes in middle are another terrific element. This topic is a great inspiration to visualize an outcome even while having less than total control, and to keep working hard towards that goal!
This is the same old cypress swamp I'm always posting, with the reflections on the ice this past week. The darker stuff is the gnarled waterline of the trees which is knotty and dark and wider than the trunks. Everything below the darker shapes is the ice.I've been waiting 2 years for ice to try this :D . Glad you like!

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:31 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:55 pm
Well, I just plain love it. I can't recall if you ever try to sell anything. You might get some bites if you had this and others you've made up on a stock site. It would make wonderful, restful wall art for offices and waiting rooms...
Thank you Chuck. I've never tried stock but Adobe keeps sending us subscribers this insistent invitation...