Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them. — A.A. Milne

People ShowcaseJust An Old-Fashioned Snap Shot...

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Just An Old-Fashioned Snap Shot...

Post by Charles Haacker » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:08 pm

Out for a walk with fambly. I tired and so did she, so we sat in the shade in the car, she driving...
Attachments
DSC07701.EMlr.jpg
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:41 am

Gorgeous little girl. Her parents will have a line at the door of teenage boys. Lucky you won't have to deal with that. Great skin tones; love the trusting squint in the eyes. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:02 am

Matt Quinn wrote:Gorgeous little girl. Her parents will have a line at the door of teenage boys. Lucky you won't have to deal with that. Great skin tones; love the trusting squint in the eyes. Matt

Thanks so much, Matt! Her name is Andromeda Gail, Andi for short, and her dad is my son, also named Matt, who likes to joke that he is going to buy a 28-gauge, load it with rock salt, and sit with the gun across his knees rocking on his porch. :rofl:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

ErichBrunner
Mentoris Validus
Mentoris Validus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Post by ErichBrunner » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:53 am

Charles Haacker wrote:Out for a walk with fambly. I tired and so did she, so we sat in the shade in the car, she driving...

This photo would be great for the family album; but it works just as well as a portrait. The expression is priceless. Nicely done.
Erich

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:59 am

Charles Haacker wrote:Out for a walk with fambly. I tired and so did she, so we sat in the shade in the car, she driving...

You've still got your touch with portraits Chuck. Though it's a casual candid of a tired little girl, it's vibrant and fully of personality, well captured for detail with all the distractions of the car minimized or avoided. You managed the light very well. She's such a cutie, you have the perfect model. Keep sharing yours and Andi's work!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by davechinn » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:01 pm

Excellent image of Andi, Chuck. She appears to be willing, tired and a little on the warm side. She may have just woke from a nap? A keeper for sure !!!
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:05 pm

ErichBrunner wrote:This photo would be great for the family album; but it works just as well as a portrait. The expression is priceless. Nicely done.
Erich
Thank you, Erich! As she is presently the only grandchild on either side she gets photographed to a fare-thee-well. :D
minniev wrote:You've still got your touch with portraits Chuck. Though it's a casual candid of a tired little girl, it's vibrant and fully of personality, well captured for detail with all the distractions of the car minimized or avoided. You managed the light very well. She's such a cutie, you have the perfect model. Keep sharing yours and Andi's work!
Thanks, Min! But I don't think I really "manage" the light. Maybe I do more than I realize, but at least some of it is after the fact. One reason I love Lightroom so much, certainly by shooting raw, is that I can adjust exposure, highlight, and shadow values. In this case I think I held the shadows down when normally I open them up.
davechinn wrote:Excellent image of Andi, Chuck. She appears to be willing, tired and a little on the warm side. She may have just woke from a nap? A keeper for sure !!!
Dave
Thanks, Dave! She was tired and warm. My son and his wife took us all for a walk, but it was pretty warm and humid and Andi and I tuckered and decided to sit in the car. She was playing with my walking stick and we were chatting (she is getting better with language almost hourly)...

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:31 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:Thanks so much, Matt! Her name is Andromeda Gail, Andi for short, and her dad is my son, also named Matt, who likes to joke that he is going to buy a 28-gauge, load it with rock salt, and sit with the gun across his knees rocking on his porch. :rofl:

My friend has three blonde daughters. We decided we needed two rocking chairs, wife beater t-shirts, a shotgun, some gun oil, and a fifth of cheap whiskey. If they made it past us they would be welcome to date his daughters. I think Matt is in for The World Of Andromeda Gail and a lot of gray hair! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:22 am

St3v3M wrote:
Charles Haacker wrote:Thanks so much, Matt! Her name is Andromeda Gail, Andi for short, and her dad is my son, also named Matt, who likes to joke that he is going to buy a 28-gauge, load it with rock salt, and sit with the gun across his knees rocking on his porch. :rofl:

My friend has three blonde daughters. We decided we needed two rocking chairs, wife beater t-shirts, a shotgun, some gun oil, and a fifth of cheap whiskey. If they made it past us they would be welcome to date his daughters. I think Matt is in for The World Of Andromeda Gail and a lot of gray hair! S-

Oh does you ever got that right. :D