"Don't sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them." —Madam C.J. Walker

― Artistic Expression ShowcaseFace Painting Gone Wild

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Face Painting Gone Wild

Post by St3v3M » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:31 am

minniev wrote:I met this little girl and her family at a community event last night, and did this wild piece up for an assignment in my 52 group (I'd like to try a 52 group here for 2018 if we can roust up enough participants, it's fun). So, since the image was way outside what I usually do, I thought to share it here too.face (50 of 1)-2.jpg

When I opened this my browser cropped it just above her eyes and it reminded me of some window are I saw at an airport recently then I scrolled down and Oh Wow!

I really like this and imagine it was just as fun to work on. Have you shared this with the little fire-nymph? I'm sure she will love it!

Count me in on a Project 52! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus

Post by minniev » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:27 am

davechinn wrote:
minniev wrote:I met this little girl and her family at a community event last night, and did this wild piece up for an assignment in my 52 group (I'd like to try a 52 group here for 2018 if we can roust up enough participants, it's fun). So, since the image was way outside what I usually do, I thought to share it here too.face (50 of 1)-2.jpg

This may be out of your norm, but it's in a good way, because IMO, this is an interesting image in more ways than one. I would be interested in the 52 group. I've never participated in one, so I find it may be a way to learn something new.
Dave

If I ever get to the point that I only do photography for serious projects I'll quit. It's fun to play and these are my toys.

I had never done a 52 project either, because I didn't want to feel burdened, but the one I'm in is so relaxed it's no burden. If I miss a week, nothing bad happens! I can either post one for that theme later and mark it as such, or I can skip on to the next one. So far I have caught up on the ones I missed.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus

Post by minniev » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:29 am

Psjunkie wrote:Cain't call it 52 if we can skip.........sooooo.."Maybe 52" would be more appropriate, Bahahaha..nice blending job minniev.

Or "52?"?

I've skipped a couple of weeks when I was traveling, but did catch up later, but only because I wanted to. No hounding!

(And thanks!

minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus

Post by minniev » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:33 am

St3v3M wrote:

When I opened this my browser cropped it just above her eyes and it reminded me of some window are I saw at an airport recently then I scrolled down and Oh Wow!

I really like this and imagine it was just as fun to work on. Have you shared this with the little fire-nymph? I'm sure she will love it!

Count me in on a Project 52! S-

I wish I'd got her name. Her parents gave us permission to use her picture for the Facebook site, so I'm figuring the other folks got her name for that, and I can share. I'm sure she'd like approve of how it turned out.

Glad you like the idea of a 52, will talk to you more about it!

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:37 am

minniev wrote:Glad you like the idea of a 52, will talk to you more about it!

Community projects are always welcome! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"