“If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” ―Sheryl Sandberg

ChallengesMy Image - Your Look: The Golden Gate

See how others view your image. Posted images can be edited by other members.
- A step beyond the normal method of learning by critique, here you can see side by side comparisons of what your image can become.
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

My Image - Your Look: The Golden Gate

Postby St3v3M » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:42 am

Hey everyone,
I took this on a cold, rainy day as a test shot and didn't think much of it. Sometime later Google sent a notice it had modified the photo and it changed the way I looked at the scene. I thought it would be fun to see what you could come up with as well, have us vote on the best of the bunch, and finally show the Google version. This is straight out of the camera and is presenting sideways for some reason. (I'll try to figure that out)

We'll give this a week or two depending on how many people participate and if this goes well we'll make a weekly challenge. Good luck and have fun with it! S-
- https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jsnhbnqjio2e ... YahLa?dl=0
Attachments
20170118_112809.jpg
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Ceropegia
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Re: My Image - Your Look: The Golden Gate

Postby Ceropegia » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:32 pm

Are you talking about a radical transformation or editing improvements?
Martha
In the Appalachian foothills of Northeast Alabama

http://www.ipernity.com/home/picture_taker

Ceropegia
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Postby Ceropegia » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:42 pm

The file downloaded as 78.3 k, not enough to do any cropping, and somewhat limited for other editing. I'm not sure what you had in mind but I played with it awhile this morning. This is my first go at it.
Attachments
golden gate edit.jpg
golden gate edit.jpg (366.1 KiB) Viewed 1804 times
Martha

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:30 am

Ceropegia wrote:Are you talking about a radical transformation or editing improvements?

We're all excited to see whatever your vision holds! S-

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:32 am

Ceropegia wrote:The file downloaded as 78.3 k, not enough to do any cropping, and somewhat limited for other editing. I'm not sure what you had in mind but I played with it awhile this morning. This is my first go at it.

I looked the file again and it says it's 1.9MB. I'll have to figure that out... I'm also curious how you got her upright too. Thank you! S-

Ceropegia
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Postby Ceropegia » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:38 am

St3v3M wrote:I looked the file again and it says it's 1.9MB. I'll have to figure that out... I'm also curious how you got her upright too. Thank you! S-
20170118_112809.jpg

It downloaded in the upright position. But it would have been an easy matter to rotate it with almost any editing program. I used PhotoShop Elements 12.
Martha

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:41 am

Ceropegia wrote:
St3v3M wrote:I looked the file again and it says it's 1.9MB. I'll have to figure that out... I'm also curious how you got her upright too. Thank you! S-
20170118_112809.jpg

It downloaded in the upright position. But it would have been an easy matter to rotate it with almost any editing program. I used PhotoShop Elements 12.

I'm confused as it's upright when I view it, and to check I rotated it and added it again, again sideways.

I need to learn to upload the full file too, for now I'll add this https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jsnhbnqjio2e ... YahLa?dl=0

Thanks again! S-

donolea
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio

Postby donolea » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:55 pm

St3v3M wrote:Hey everyone,
I took this on a cold, rainy day as a test shot and didn't think much of it. Sometime later Google sent a notice it had modified the photo and it changed the way I looked at the scene. I thought it would be fun to see what you could come up with as well, have us vote on the best of the bunch, and finally show the Google version. This is straight out of the camera and is presenting sideways for some reason. (I'll try to figure that out)

We'll give this a week or two depending on how many people participate and if this goes well we'll make a weekly challenge. Good luck and have fun with it! S-

Hey Steve, Minnie told me about your new forum last Friday ... it looks great! I'm still navigating around to get the feel for it. I just saw this post and decided I needed to add my version of the Golden Gate. Hope you like ...
Attachments
Golden Gate_Edit.jpg

minniev
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Postby minniev » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:47 pm

donolea wrote:

Hey Steve, Minnie told me about your new forum last Friday ... it looks great! I'm still navigating around to get the feel for it. I just saw this post and decided I needed to add my version of the Golden Gate. Hope you like ...

Don, what a cool rendition! I'm glad to see you and your work here, and I know you'll find some familiar folks hanging around here.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

donolea
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio

Postby donolea » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:05 pm

minniev wrote:
donolea wrote:

Don, what a cool rendition! I'm glad to see you and your work here, and I know you'll find some familiar folks hanging around here.

Thanks Minnie, glad you like it. I'd be curious to know what Google did to it. Since I haven't seen any more recent challenges from Steve, I guess the challenges didn't go well. And yes, I have seen a few familiar names surfing around. Heck, I don't even think he knows I posted an image here. Haven't heard from him yet.

Return to “Edit My Shot”