Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

People CritiqueJeff, Pauline and Regal...

Images containing people; portraits, family, lifestyle, street, photojournalism, sports, weddings
Onslow
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Jeff, Pauline and Regal...

Post by Onslow »

Jeff is a friend of mine. He asked me for some formal portraits of his wife Pauline and their beautiful dog called Regal. He asked me for large prints of these and they take up a part of his photo wall in his house. Jeff is a very good photographer himself and these are in the middle of his own collection of prints.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by TomCofer »

Nice shots John.
Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

mikec
Mentoris Inceptor
Mentoris Inceptor

Post by mikec »

Very good.
Mike C
Enjoying the sun and sea in Miami, FL

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by Psjunkie »

Onslow wrote:Jeff is a friend of mine. He asked me for some formal portraits of his wife Pauline and their beautiful dog called Regal. He asked me for large prints of these and they take up a part of his photo wall in his house. Jeff is a very good photographer himself and these are in the middle of his own collection of prints.
All nice shots onslow. I would suggest a rework of number 2. Her head starting to tilt out of the frame is not working for me. She appears to be a hard one as I think her light colored eyes make it hard to feel she’s looking at the lens. I might also add a touch of makeup to the highlight on her chin in Number 1.

Onslow
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Onslow »

Psjunkie wrote:
Onslow wrote:Jeff is a friend of mine. He asked me for some formal portraits of his wife Pauline and their beautiful dog called Regal. He asked me for large prints of these and they take up a part of his photo wall in his house. Jeff is a very good photographer himself and these are in the middle of his own collection of prints.
All nice shots onslow. I would suggest a rework of number 2. Her head starting to tilt out of the frame is not working for me. She appears to be a hard one as I think her light colored eyes make it hard to feel she’s looking at the lens. I might also add a touch of makeup to the highlight on her chin in Number 1.

Cheers for that. Re the rework of #2, this is an image they particularly liked due to the tilt. I don't mind the image either even though the hair is slightly cutoff. Regarding the highlight you suggest for makeup, I tend to leave them. I've found early on that if highlights are reduced to much, the image loses something. It almost flattens the image to a state that is not to my taste. I must be an odd one out like that as it seems to be be something that a lot of people try to avoid... I prefer to deal with the light modifiers to reduce this sort of thing instead of PS.... :)