"Sometimes imagination is no more than randomness applied." —Piet Francke

Monthly Masters DiscussionMonthly Masters' Discussion: Nov 2017 - Vermeer's Girl With A Pearl Earring

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Monthly Masters' Discussion: Vermeer's Girl With A Pearl Earring - Share Your Thoughts

Post by St3v3M » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:50 pm

minniev wrote:Awesome find! Art, hidden in secret places!

You have to love artists that love art! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:59 pm

Scientists Study ‘Girl with a Pearl Earring’ in Hopes of Finding How Vermeer Painted His Masterpiece

"A team of experts from both Europe and the United States have converged at the Mauritshuis to examine “Girl with a Pearl Earring”​ using an array of non-invasive technologies, among them “fiber optic reflectance spectroscopy, macro X-ray powder diffraction and optical coherence tomography,” according to Siegal. The project, titled “The Girl in the Spotlight,” began on February 26 and ends March 11. Abbie Vandivere, head researcher and paintings conservator at the Mauritshuis, tells Siegal that the team will be working day and night to study the painting as much as possible during the tight time frame."

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:19 am

St3v3M wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:59 pm
Scientists Study ‘Girl with a Pearl Earring’ in Hopes of Finding How Vermeer Painted His Masterpiece

"A team of experts from both Europe and the United States have converged at the Mauritshuis to examine “Girl with a Pearl Earring”​ using an array of non-invasive technologies, among them “fiber optic reflectance spectroscopy, macro X-ray powder diffraction and optical coherence tomography,” according to Siegal. The project, titled “The Girl in the Spotlight,” began on February 26 and ends March 11. Abbie Vandivere, head researcher and paintings conservator at the Mauritshuis, tells Siegal that the team will be working day and night to study the painting as much as possible during the tight time frame."
It will be interesting to see what comes of it. I’m intrigued with the techniques of Vermeer, who seems to me to be the real father of photography, or at least one of them.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:39 am

minniev wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:19 am
It will be interesting to see what comes of it. I’m intrigued with the techniques of Vermeer, who seems to me to be the real father of photography, or at least one of them.
We stand together at the intersection of light and shadow! S-