Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

― Artistic Expression Critique'MonheganMinnie' (Composite)

Non standard photographic editing; collages, manipulations, assemblages, applied textures, double exposures
davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

'MonheganMinnie' (Composite)

Post by davechinn »

While we were on Monhegan Island, Minnie and I took a walk to visit the D.T. Sheridan Shipwreck. It was a heavily windy overcast day with rough seas. One of the best times for dramatic pictures.

Here is a composite of Minnie placed on some rocks with the rough waves pounding on the shoreline. I tried to capture Minnie facing me (without her knowledge) with a capture of the rough waves used as a dramatic background. It didn't happen, I was unable to do both, so here is one of a couple composites I have put together to show just what my intentions were. Thoughts, comments are always welcomed. (!)
Attachments
'MonheaganMinnie'
'MonheaganMinnie'
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev »

davechinn wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:28 pm
While we were on Monhegan Island, Minnie and I took a walk to visit the D.T. Sheridan Shipwreck. It was a heavily windy overcast day with rough seas. One of the best times for dramatic pictures.

Here is a composite of Minnie placed on some rocks with the rough waves pounding on the shoreline. I tried to capture Minnie facing me (without her knowledge) with a capture of the rough waves used as a dramatic background. It didn't happen, I was unable to do both, so here is one of a couple composites I have put together to show just what my intentions were. Thoughts, comments are always welcomed. (!)
Cool! I had the same trouble getting you with the wild water in the background. I will need to try a composite. I have some candidates...
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

Wow! very cool

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

Great job...nothing not to like here Dave.

Karen
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Post by Karen »

davechinn wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:28 pm

As a fellow photographer, I connected and related to the content: the intrepid photographer invigorated by the shoot/hunt. I saw myself. And felt delighted that that someone else, Dave, saw it too!

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn »

Thanks Karen, it's always good to know there are others that can relate. Much appreciated !!! :cheers:
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

davechinn wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:00 pm
Thanks Karen, it's always good to know there are others that can relate. Much appreciated !!! :cheers:
I confess I’ve thought of pilfering this one, dragging my hoodie down to ankle level, turning it black, and converting the walking stick to a broom.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones