Page 2 of 2

Re: Caught

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:44 pm
by Psjunkie
I think you've done well here minniev....

Re: Caught

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:06 pm
by PietFrancke
good work, I am liking the new version and enjoyed the tutorial Duck recommended.

Re: Caught

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:09 pm
by minniev
Psjunkie wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:44 pm
I think you've done well here minniev....
thanks

Re: Caught

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:09 pm
by minniev
PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:06 pm
good work, I am liking the new version and enjoyed the tutorial Duck recommended.
Thanks, and if you figure out that field blur thing, please add some tips...

Re: Caught

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:37 pm
by PietFrancke
minniev wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:09 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:06 pm
good work, I am liking the new version and enjoyed the tutorial Duck recommended.
Thanks, and if you figure out that field blur thing, please add some tips...
I had trouble with it for a little bit... But then I started doing this:
1) Control-J to create a layer we will mess with
2) Filter>Blur Gallery>Field Blur
3) you now see a pin... move the pin to an area you would like to see blurred and click. You have a slider, move the slider back and forth untill you like it
4) Click in a new area to move the pin. (the old area will remain blurred as you made it before). move the slider and you will see the area around the pin blur based on the amount of the slider
5) Hit OK
For some reason If you don't SEE the PINS, do ctrl-H, that will toggle the pins on and off and when they are visible, you can move them.

Re: Caught

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:46 am
by minniev
PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:37 pm
minniev wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:09 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:06 pm
good work, I am liking the new version and enjoyed the tutorial Duck recommended.
Thanks, and if you figure out that field blur thing, please add some tips...
I had trouble with it for a little bit... But then I started doing this:
1) Control-J to create a layer we will mess with
2) Filter>Blur Gallery>Field Blur
3) you now see a pin... move the pin to an area you would like to see blurred and click. You have a slider, move the slider back and forth untill you like it
4) Click in a new area to move the pin. (the old area will remain blurred as you made it before). move the slider and you will see the area around the pin blur based on the amount of the slider
5) Hit OK
For some reason If you don't SEE the PINS, do ctrl-H, that will toggle the pins on and off and when they are visible, you can move them.
Thank you! The circle seems to be a protective of some kind?

Re: Caught

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:16 am
by PietFrancke
minniev wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:46 am
PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:37 pm
minniev wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:09 pm


Thanks, and if you figure out that field blur thing, please add some tips...
I had trouble with it for a little bit... But then I started doing this:
1) Control-J to create a layer we will mess with
2) Filter>Blur Gallery>Field Blur
3) you now see a pin... move the pin to an area you would like to see blurred and click. You have a slider, move the slider back and forth untill you like it
4) Click in a new area to move the pin. (the old area will remain blurred as you made it before). move the slider and you will see the area around the pin blur based on the amount of the slider
5) Hit OK
For some reason If you don't SEE the PINS, do ctrl-H, that will toggle the pins on and off and when they are visible, you can move them.
Thank you! The circle seems to be a protective of some kind?
circle? around the pin? adjusting it determines how much blur. But I'm not sure what you are seeing.

Re: Caught

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:46 pm
by minniev
PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:16 am
minniev wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:46 am
PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:37 pm

I had trouble with it for a little bit... But then I started doing this:
1) Control-J to create a layer we will mess with
2) Filter>Blur Gallery>Field Blur
3) you now see a pin... move the pin to an area you would like to see blurred and click. You have a slider, move the slider back and forth untill you like it
4) Click in a new area to move the pin. (the old area will remain blurred as you made it before). move the slider and you will see the area around the pin blur based on the amount of the slider
5) Hit OK
For some reason If you don't SEE the PINS, do ctrl-H, that will toggle the pins on and off and when they are visible, you can move them.
Thank you! The circle seems to be a protective of some kind?
circle? around the pin? adjusting it determines how much blur. But I'm not sure what you are seeing.
With help from you and Frank, I think I have figured out the basics of it. Looks like a useful tool for compositing, among other things. Thanks!