Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
"He who knows most knows how little he knows." -Thomas Jefferson

― Artistic Expression Critiquewaiting for Spring

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

waiting for Spring

Post by PietFrancke » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:32 pm

after all that cold, the last few days lets us hope for Spring
spring.jpg

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:48 am

I love it! Since we see 100 new women every day on Awake with hats made of birds and flowers, it’s great to see one clothed in reptiles! Your models? Well blended and beautifully lit. Your study of color palettes pays off here with this rich but delicate combination. My only niggle, which I can’t fully explain, is something about the front loop of snake. Maybe light?
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:09 am

minniev wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:48 am
I love it! Since we see 100 new women every day on Awake with hats made of birds and flowers, it’s great to see one clothed in reptiles! Your models? Well blended and beautifully lit. Your study of color palettes pays off here with this rich but delicate combination. My only niggle, which I can’t fully explain, is something about the front loop of snake. Maybe light?
Hi Min, I am glad that you enjoyed my spoof! The woman is a Colby model, the rest all from my camera. I agree about the snake, the lighting on it is just way off I think. I hope I can get more snake pictures this spring when they come out to hunt the frogs and other small creatures. I hope I didn't offend anyone, but rest assured, I was grinning ear-to-ear when the idea hit me.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:10 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:09 am

Hi Min, I am glad that you enjoyed my spoof! The woman is a Colby model, the rest all from my camera. I agree about the snake, the lighting on it is just way off I think. I hope I can get more snake pictures this spring when they come out to hunt the frogs and other small creatures. I hope I didn't offend anyone, but rest assured, I was grinning ear-to-ear when the idea hit me.
There are phases where I don't think I can bear one more video tutorial of a winged woman with a blank expression and a headful of flowers and limbs. I enjoy the few about other themes (meerkat floating in the ocean on a lightbulb), and I know I can learn the techniques from the winged women, but the repetitiousness annoys me.

You may solve the lighting problem on the snake. Look at pictures of snakes even if they are biology type pictures, and some in real art works, to see how they handle all those kinks and coils.

Cousin says we have a copperhead snoozing my the door of my country house, so I'll snap a shot of him for you when I go this weekend.

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:25 am

minniev wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:10 am
PietFrancke wrote:

There are phases where I don't think I can bear one more video tutorial of a winged woman with a blank expression and a headful of flowers and limbs. I enjoy the few about other themes (meerkat floating in the ocean on a lightbulb), and I know I can learn the techniques from the winged women, but the repetitiousness annoys me.

You may solve the lighting problem on the snake. Look at pictures of snakes even if they are biology type pictures, and some in real art works, to see how they handle all those kinks and coils.

Cousin says we have a copperhead snoozing my the door of my country house, so I'll snap a shot of him for you when I go this weekend.
they can be hard to watch, you are likely further along than me. Use a long lens on that copperhead (and then perhaps a long shovel) - you don't want to mess with them, that's for sure! You've got Zeke to worry about as well as visitors.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:50 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:25 am
minniev wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:10 am
PietFrancke wrote:

they can be hard to watch, you are likely further along than me. Use a long lens on that copperhead (and then perhaps a long shovel) - you don't want to mess with them, that's for sure! You've got Zeke to worry about as well as visitors.
I prefer to behead them with hedge clippers. It's a little dicey but its very precise. I do not like poisonous snakes.

I am a little more than halfway but I will have to watch them all again. After I'm done I'm gonna go back to the Artistry course and do it again, I think it will make more sense to me now.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:56 am

I concur about the light on the snake..in addition I will complain about her nose being to white, may be the canvas texture, the black smoky thing back of her head behind the right hand frog, and the two frogs middle..left one is blurry with some black mark out it's mouth and the right one missing a chunk of it's head....now to the image..a wonderful imaginative image framed well and composed with pleasing color coordination....very nice Piet, you never cease to amaze

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:32 am

minniev wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:50 am

I prefer to behead them with hedge clippers. It's a little dicey but its very precise. I do not like poisonous snakes.

I am a little more than halfway but I will have to watch them all again. After I'm done I'm gonna go back to the Artistry course and do it again, I think it will make more sense to me now.
Good - just making sure that you would take care of it. - about the clippers ... remind me to Never Ever get on your bad side!!!

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:36 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:56 am
I concur about the light on the snake..in addition I will complain about her nose being to white, may be the canvas texture, the black smoky thing back of her head behind the right hand frog, and the two frogs middle..left one is blurry with some black mark out it's mouth and the right one missing a chunk of it's head....now to the image..a wonderful imaginative image framed well and composed with pleasing color coordination....very nice Piet, you never cease to amaze
Hey, I like her bright nose. And the back of her head is perfectly acceptable all frizzed out, I mean, if your head was covered up with frogs, then that might not be so unreasonable right?? About the missing chunks... Liquify got the best of me, was careless and well... careless. And Thank You Frank! I Knew that you would like her!!

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:43 am

I am trying to get you to like what I like....bright is alright but white ain't right...frizzed out is hair, smoke makes it bare....

Edit: careless or lazy.......Bahahaha