Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." - Leo Buscaglia

― Artistic Expression CritiqueLoading the Ark: Montego Bay

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4751
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Loading the Ark: Montego Bay

Post by minniev » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:59 pm

I don't know what to say this is, except fingerwork. More of trying to meld art and photographic figures from different sources into one silly composition.
Attachments
boat (1 of 1)-5.jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2319
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:12 pm

At first glance I like it...will study it later and give more of a critique/opinion....

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1789
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:35 pm

love the composition and the sepia type treatment - what a ship! Adding the animals and perhaps the general processing created the same feeling you might have viewing a detailed model railroad - which is kind of cool and surreal too.

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:04 pm

minniev wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:59 pm
I don't know what to say this is, except fingerwork. More of trying to meld art and photographic figures from different sources into one silly composition.

Cool !!! Love the composition to this, but the animals? Not sure, maybe because they are hard for me to see and to identify. Still ... a fantastic image.
Dave
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4751
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:27 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:12 pm
At first glance I like it...will study it later and give more of a critique/opinion....
Don't forget...
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4751
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:27 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:35 pm
love the composition and the sepia type treatment - what a ship! Adding the animals and perhaps the general processing created the same feeling you might have viewing a detailed model railroad - which is kind of cool and surreal too.
I like the model railroad analogy, that is kind of what I wanted. I made some of the animals a bit out of scale to increase that effect.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4751
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:32 pm

davechinn wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:04 pm



Cool !!! Love the composition to this, but the animals? Not sure, maybe because they are hard for me to see and to identify. Still ... a fantastic image.
Dave
Welcome home Mr. Chinn, we've missed you!

I did keep a base copy of the boat with all the trucks and cranes and trash containers and power lines extracted, so I can use it for other stuff. I'd love to see what you or Piet or Frank could do with it.
The animals are a part of a set of practice stuff I've been doing to try to blend art objects into photo backgrounds.
Attachments
boat (1 of 1)-2.jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:49 pm

minniev wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:32 pm
davechinn wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:04 pm



Cool !!! Love the composition to this, but the animals? Not sure, maybe because they are hard for me to see and to identify. Still ... a fantastic image.
Dave
Welcome home Mr. Chinn, we've missed you!

I did keep a base copy of the boat with all the trucks and cranes and trash containers and power lines extracted, so I can use it for other stuff. I'd love to see what you or Piet or Frank could do with it.
The animals are a part of a set of practice stuff I've been doing to try to blend art objects into photo backgrounds.

Thank you Minnie !!!

Oh my !!! Such a lovely view for an image. A stunning image for sure. This would be one to play with, but I DON'T think any improvements are needed. I may take you up on an attempted version for a learning experience.
Dave
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2319
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:03 pm

minniev wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:27 pm
Don't forget...
So I'm thinking the triple tones or whatever it might be called is causing some distraction for me along with the rain/sunshine behind the ship..I like the rain/sunshine left of the ship over the houses..as for the title, maybe animals in pairs??...I still stand by my first comment.

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4751
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:13 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:03 pm
minniev wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:27 pm
Don't forget...
So I'm thinking the triple tones or whatever it might be called is causing some distraction for me along with the rain/sunshine behind the ship..I like the rain/sunshine left of the ship over the houses..as for the title, maybe animals in pairs??...I still stand by my first comment.
I did try a sepia tone without any color creeping in. This one is surely an experiment...

Pairs, good thought. I know they're too tiny to see. No one would find the sheep tied up in rope and lying on top.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest