Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
"Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better." - Pat Riley

― Artistic Expression CritiqueBoots

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Boots

Post by minniev » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:24 am

This started as practice on extractions. I extracted two large humans and replaced them with my new duck boots, a Christmas gift, which I photographed on my bedroom floor. Then of course I played with textures and processing so that the thing is part digital painting and part photo. Still not satisfied I found an elm fairy, recolored him from his overly lurid original colors, and set him in the wonderful gnarly tree I found in my forest last week.
Attachments
new boots (1 of 1)-2.jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:49 am

absolutely love it Min. The Elf is wonderful, perfect color, perfectly hidden - boots look very realistic where and how you have them. Love the gnarly tree.

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:14 pm

Thanks Piet. It was more play than serious but I only learn something if I actually do it. Not fully happy yet but happy enough to move on.

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:30 pm

I had to look hard and closer to find the camouflaged boots and elm fairy. Not sure why and/or if that was your intention. If it wasn't, I'm not sure how to go about correcting the scene or MY vision. Altho, after I found them, I had no difficulty in locating them again, so it may just be a "Where's Waldo" situation. :look:
Dave
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:37 pm

davechinn wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:30 pm
I had to look hard and closer to find the camouflaged boots and elm fairy. Not sure why and/or if that was your intention. If it wasn't, I'm not sure how to go about correcting the scene or MY vision. Altho, after I found them, I had no difficulty in locating them again, so it may just be a "Where's Waldo" situation. :look:
Dave
Thanks Dave, for taking a look. Have you made up your mind to do a 52 yet?

Yeah, it was my hope that the boots and the fairy would hide in the scene. If you had to hunt them, that’s good news. If they screamed out “composite!”, that’s bad news😀

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:08 pm

minniev wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:37 pm
davechinn wrote:
Dave

Yeah, it was my hope that the boots and the fairy would hide in the scene. If you had to hunt them, that’s good news. If they screamed out “composite!”, that’s bad news😀
Thanks for the clarification Minnie !!! Knowing your intention helps me understand with a much clearer mind?

Can you please HELP me with locating the wheel to spin in order for a quick decision to proceed into another 52 project. I can't seem to get the one available here @PM to work.
Dave
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:31 pm

Looks good to me...and lovely old tree

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:54 pm

davechinn wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:08 pm
minniev wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:37 pm
davechinn wrote:
Dave

Thanks for the clarification Minnie !!! Knowing your intention helps me understand with a much clearer mind?

Can you please HELP me with locating the wheel to spin in order for a quick decision to proceed into another 52 project. I can't seem to get the one available here @PM to work.
Dave
I posted some Helpful Hints in response to your post on my new 52 project. Do let me know if you’re still having trouble and I’ll hang with you till we figure it out!!