"You Are The Difference!"

― Artistic Expression CritiqueRainy Day Fingerwork

Post Reply
User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4101
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Rainy Day Fingerwork

Post by minniev » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:51 pm

Shop Window in New Orleans. Practicing my extractions.
Attachments
P9210523-Edit.jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1940
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:03 pm

Doesn't look like you need any more practice...

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1598
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:05 pm

minniev wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:51 pm
Shop Window in New Orleans. Practicing my extractions.

Cool !!! I was wondering what you were up to, shooting mannequins !!! I like it and I'm guessing it's great practice.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4101
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:27 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:03 pm
Doesn't look like you need any more practice...
Oh yes. I’m still trying to figure out blend-if, luminosity masks and so much more. In composites I always paint my way into a problem somewhere. I put it all together and there is one area at the end that’s a train wreck. Then I try to find some way to fix or hide it.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4101
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:29 pm

davechinn wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:05 pm
minniev wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:51 pm
Shop Window in New Orleans. Practicing my extractions.

Cool !!! I was wondering what you were up to, shooting mannequins !!! I like it and I'm guessing it's great practice.
Dave
To be honest, I like mannequins better than models. They are fake and you know it. Models are humans that look fake. When I shoot humans I want them to be themselves. That’s what I like about street photography.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2761
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:50 pm

Charming, Minnie . Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1598
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:20 pm

minniev wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:29 pm
davechinn wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:05 pm
minniev wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:51 pm
Shop Window in New Orleans. Practicing my extractions.

Cool !!! I was wondering what you were up to, shooting mannequins !!! I like it and I'm guessing it's great practice.
Dave
To be honest, I like mannequins better than models. They are fake and you know it. Models are humans that look fake. When I shoot humans I want them to be themselves. That’s what I like about street photography.

Absolutely !!! I just had a similar conversation with Sharon about just that ... fake smiles, and body language. Altho, by shooting mannequins you never will be accused of any inappropriate shots, such as in NOLA.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4101
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:59 am

Matt Quinn wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:50 pm
Charming, Minnie . Matt
Thank ya Matt
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4101
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:03 am

davechinn wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:20 pm
minniev wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:29 pm
davechinn wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:05 pm



Cool !!! I was wondering what you were up to, shooting mannequins !!! I like it and I'm guessing it's great practice.
Dave
To be honest, I like mannequins better than models. They are fake and you know it. Models are humans that look fake. When I shoot humans I want them to be themselves. That’s what I like about street photography.

Absolutely !!! I just had a similar conversation with Sharon about just that ... fake smiles, and body language. Altho, by shooting mannequins you never will be accused of any inappropriate shots, such as in NOLA.
Dave
I just don’t “get” the attraction of people contorted into weird positions. I’m in this long term photoshop class, and probably more than 3/4 of the work they study and create is about models in weird positions with hats made out of birds, trees growing out of their backs, wings, stars falling out of their eyes. I’m learning a lot but the stuff I do with those techniques is like this, or the bird painting the picture of the giraffe. I’m trying to do something with the opera singer in NOLA. He is a challenge!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests