"One day you are a signature, next day you are an autograph." —Billy Wilder

― Artistic Expression CritiqueFingerwork - Silly Therapy for A Bad Day...

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Fingerwork - Silly Therapy for A Bad Day...

Post by minniev » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:13 pm

When you're having a rough day, it may help to get your mind on something else - so I tried . No intent here to create great art, but to practice my selections, layering, blending, and blur methods. I so cut out a leaf and did swirly blur to the background, and I still had some time before my dr. appt so I cut out a tiny zebra too. Fooled with some textures. Tried to get him to hold a train ticket in his mouth but he wouldn't.

It ain't art but it helped.

PS - I surely don't expect you to critique it as art but put it in this section so you'd feel free to give me advice on technique etc.
Attachments
z.jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:39 pm

OMG - LOL, let me find a whip and come over and I will make every day bad for you to make you produce art like this. I think this is just awesome. The way the giraffe is holding it's head reminds me of how my dog hangs her head over the arm of the couch and looks at me wondering if I will get off my lazy duff and feed her. And the Large vs Small contrast... You knocked this one out of the park Min!!!

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:10 pm

I think it's a wonderful image minniev, very creative and wouldn't call it anything other than art......if I had any nitpik it would be the (I don't know the term) pixilation maybe, of the giraffe when brought full screen, the stripes get weird...I hope all went well with Doc.

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by minniev » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:58 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:39 pm
OMG - LOL, let me find a whip and come over and I will make every day bad for you to make you produce art like this. I think this is just awesome. The way the giraffe is holding it's head reminds me of how my dog hangs her head over the arm of the couch and looks at me wondering if I will get off my lazy duff and feed her. And the Large vs Small contrast... You knocked this one out of the park Min!!!
I’m glad you like it. It did have a doglike look to it.

I’m in my country house so no more layered playthings for a few days. I’ll continue to play though, just differently.

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by minniev » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:00 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:10 pm
I think it's a wonderful image minniev, very creative and wouldn't call it anything other than art......if I had any nitpik it would be the (I don't know the term) pixilation maybe, of the giraffe when brought full screen, the stripes get weird...I hope all went well with Doc.
Thanks, glad you like!

The image is big enough and I actually shrunk it, so pixelation may be because I didn’t shrink it the right way, or it could actually be some kind of moire from the stripes. I’ll play more with it when I get home. We’ll be here till Tuesday so no Photoshop for me till then. I miss it already but I’ll find other toys to play with on the ipad.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:48 pm

Stunning! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"