Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: creating a battle scene

Post by minniev » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:35 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:53 am

maybe - I'm not as good with those tools as you might think... might have to use another shot. The first is what I started with... The second one looks cool, but also just looks wrong.. The third one perhaps, I like his scragglyness, but it might not work the composition as well.
The third one is nicely raggedy.

I'm curious as to what you can do with those new tools you're experimenting with to alter shape. Keep showing us your journey, we all benefit!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:43 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:00 pm
Just cloned it Piet, then transformed a little......
Frank - I am more than slightly befuddled by WHY the birds don't look so good where I put them. I am thinking that it all boils down to perspective issues, so I am off to google birds and perspective and see if I can figure this out properly. I am likely missing an opportunity to properly warp my figures as they approach the edges and I need to understand perspective anyway... Argggg..

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:46 pm

minniev wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:35 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:53 am

maybe - I'm not as good with those tools as you might think... might have to use another shot. The first is what I started with... The second one looks cool, but also just looks wrong.. The third one perhaps, I like his scragglyness, but it might not work the composition as well.
The third one is nicely raggedy.

I'm curious as to what you can do with those new tools you're experimenting with to alter shape. Keep showing us your journey, we all benefit!
I am thinking that I need to understand perspective better. I took those shots at the center of my lens, but am placing them to the side in the image. I don't even understand what perspective my picture is in and what direction I need to be warping my figures in, I need to figure this out!!!!

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:52 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:43 pm

Frank - I am more than slightly befuddled by WHY the birds don't look so good where I put them. I am thinking that it all boils down to perspective issues, so I am off to google birds and perspective and see if I can figure this out properly. I am likely missing an opportunity to properly warp my figures as they approach the edges and I need to understand perspective anyway... Argggg..
I think perspective is the key. When I move Dam Birds around, the ones I have better luck with are the ones in 3/4 frontal view with a significant amount of bird-breast, and both eyes. Or if from behind, plenty of bird back and some head, with at least one eye. Those have more depth and are easier to fit into a new scene. The ones that are in side view or in flight sort of sideways always look more stuck on rather than embedded. I'm sure there are ways to fit them in better but thus far, those are my notions.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:58 pm

minniev wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:52 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:43 pm

I think perspective is the key. When I move Dam Birds around, the ones I have better luck with are the ones in 3/4 frontal view with a significant amount of bird-breast, and both eyes. Or if from behind, plenty of bird back and some head, with at least one eye. Those have more depth and are easier to fit into a new scene. The ones that are in side view or in flight sort of sideways always look more stuck on rather than embedded. I'm sure there are ways to fit them in better but thus far, those are my notions.
Yep, I can't just plop things down willy nilly. I think I have to assign proper vanishing points to the image and draw lines and then warp figures accordingly. DUCK!!! WHERE ARE YOU??? LOL I am going to google triangle compositions and perspective and see if that gives me a clue. I have to figure out where the vanishing points are!!!!!

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:31 pm

"It tastes like Chicken"

One bird gone, three added, I think these buzzards are like flies in this kind of a situation... not very happy with them, but ultimately I think textures and general image mish/mash will make them look like they belong. My dead body got photographed and thrown away three times, might have to give up on that one... Horses next perhaps. And will need to do something in the foreground to overlay the front pieces a little bit, perhaps a silhouette of bushes, branches, or something cool... I am getting weary of the "cheerful" look of my painting and will likely at some point turn it all dark and gloomy.
temp8.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:28 pm

Just keeps getting funner

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:34 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:28 pm
Just keeps getting funner
thank you Frank, will need to figure out how to get more overlap in here... Too many pieces are "isolated" too much. -- the bird lower left needs a giant eyeball under her beak.

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:12 am

sigh... what can I say - "Frank made me do it!"... That works, now have to figure out other foreground elements that tie things together a little bit.
temp9.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:04 am

you are at some point blend the lighting, right? when completely done or something.