"Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his soul." —Thomas Merton

― Artistic Expression Critiquecreating a battle scene

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1689
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: creating a battle scene

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:31 am

maybe an arrow threw it although I see no archers yet.......

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1284
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:00 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:31 am
maybe an arrow threw it although I see no archers yet.......
Ha! and a bunch of feather blasting into the air,

Or perhaps just impaled on the spear! Ah if I only had the skills, I would take our fearsome soldiers dressed in yellow and they would sit around the campfire with the buzzard impaled on a stick slowly being roasted. They would tell stories about how they chased away the fearsome red-eyed horseman and eat something that almost tastes like chicken...

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1284
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:42 am

Hey Frank, can you do me a favor please... I warped the heck out it and painted it a little. I stretched out both wings in opposite directions, did I solve the problem or make it worse... If you do a side by side you will see significant movement - but I am fearful that the original feeling of wrongness is still present...
temp7.jpg

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Posts: 3671
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:49 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:42 am
Hey Frank, can you do me a favor please... I warped the heck out it and painted it a little. I stretched out both wings in opposite directions, did I solve the problem or make it worse... If you do a side by side you will see significant movement - but I am fearful that the original feeling of wrongness is still present...

temp7.jpg
I wonder if he is too horizontal. Can any of those tools let you pull his tail down some to give him more depth/dimension?
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1689
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:50 am

I think you have improved it but you are correct about the original wrongness for me.

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1689
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:16 am

here's my crude take...do a tab to tab
Attachments
temp7_psjunkie.jpg

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1284
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:53 am

minniev wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:49 am
PietFrancke wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:42 am
Hey Frank, can you do me a favor please... I warped the heck out it and painted it a little. I stretched out both wings in opposite directions, did I solve the problem or make it worse... If you do a side by side you will see significant movement - but I am fearful that the original feeling of wrongness is still present...

temp7.jpg
I wonder if he is too horizontal. Can any of those tools let you pull his tail down some to give him more depth/dimension?
maybe - I'm not as good with those tools as you might think... might have to use another shot. The first is what I started with... The second one looks cool, but also just looks wrong.. The third one perhaps, I like his scragglyness, but it might not work the composition as well.
buzz1.jpg
buzz2.jpg
buzz3.jpg

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1284
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:55 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:16 am
here's my crude take...do a tab to tab
yes -- what tool did you use? Was it perspective? what steps did you take, help me know how you did this, Please..

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1689
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:00 pm

Just cloned it Piet, then transformed a little......

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1284
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:02 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:00 pm
Just cloned it Piet, then transformed a little......

thanks --

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest