"Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his soul." —Thomas Merton

― Artistic Expression CritiquePrairie Chickens at Dawn....and I’m hoping for critique on 3D effect....

uuglypher
Mentoris Grandis
Mentoris Grandis
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Prairie Chickens at Dawn....and I’m hoping for critique on 3D effect....

Post by uuglypher » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:02 am

These ladies are eagerly awaiting arrival of the cockbirds and the randy dances with which they compete for the favors of the ladies!

Also...this
CB587C5B-70A6-45A1-BA8B-2A47AE4B02D3.png
stereo quad set is the result of using a new tweak of one of my earliest-developed 3D conversion techniques, so I am hoping to hear from those familiar with viewing 3D image pairs if they think the 3D eff3ct is worth while pursuing with further development.

Dave

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 am

I wish I could see these. S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:08 am

uuglypher wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:02 am
These ladies are eagerly awaiting arrival of the cockbirds and the randy dances with which they compete for the favors of the ladies!

Also...thisCB587C5B-70A6-45A1-BA8B-2A47AE4B02D3.png stereo quad set is the result of using a new tweak of one of my earliest-developed 3D conversion techniques, so I am hoping to hear from those familiar with viewing 3D image pairs if they think the 3D eff3ct is worth while pursuing with further development.

Dave
Dave, I had trouble making these work. I could almost hold them for a brief second -- almost -- but they were double images, not singles. I must be out of practice. Don't know whether it's worth more effort or not. Lovely tones. Lovely light. How long did it take you to stand up afterwards ? Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

uuglypher
Mentoris Grandis
Mentoris Grandis

Post by uuglypher » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:16 am

Hi,Matt,
Thanks for your candor. I appreciate your looking and telling it like you see it.

you’ve no idea how apt your question was. I was in a bit of a cramped position under camo netting for several hours (from first hint of light to about 9:45...) and by the time the show was over...I needed the assistance of my friend who had spent the same time on a folding beach chair inside the blind. He thought it was funny; It took me two days and some vicodins to walk normally again! Got some great images, though!

Dave

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:18 pm

uuglypher wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:16 am
Hi,Matt,
Thanks for your candor. I appreciate your looking and telling it like you see it.

you’ve no idea how apt your question was. I was in a bit of a cramped position under camo netting for several hours (from first hint of light to about 9:45...) and by the time the show was over...I needed the assistance of my friend who had spent the same time on a folding beach chair inside the blind. He thought it was funny; It took me two days and some vicodins to walk normally again! Got some great images, though!

Dave
True artists suffer for their art. Art matters, not pain. Art lives on, pain is just a pain. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:20 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:18 pm
True artists suffer for their art. Art matters, not pain. Art lives on, pain is just a pain. Matt
Deep! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"