― Artistic Expression CritiqueAt the Car Wash

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

At the Car Wash

Post by LindaShorey » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:31 pm

Originally inspired by a creative internet buddy's pic, I've revisted the theme every time I happen to have my camera with me and the car needs a cleaning.

These are full frame (no crop) and not distorted in any way as I wanted the original capture through the windshield. But yes, they are heavily edited otherwise :)
Attachments
1 P1300055.jpg
1 P1300086.jpg
1 P1300091.jpg
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by Psjunkie » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:49 pm

Crazy shots Linda...well done.

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:36 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:49 pm
Crazy shots Linda...well done.
Appreciate your interest, Frank. Thank you!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by minniev » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:50 pm

LindaShorey wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:31 pm
Originally inspired by a creative internet buddy's pic, I've revisted the theme every time I happen to have my camera with me and the car needs a cleaning.

These are full frame (no crop) and not distorted in any way as I wanted the original capture through the windshield. But yes, they are heavily edited otherwise :)
Well now that's a unique set of photos. That first one looks like patriotic dental X-rays? the third touches my Industrial heart. Very nice grungy detail on all those things, whatever they are, that make up the car wash.

Great thinking and creativity.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Matt Quinn » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:09 am

LindaShorey wrote:

Linda, I really go for #2. Looks like our galaxy at its formation. Were you listening to Jimmy Croce? Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:00 am

minniev wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:50 pm
Well now that's a unique set of photos. That first one looks like patriotic dental X-rays? the third touches my Industrial heart. Very nice grungy detail on all those things, whatever they are, that make up the car wash.

Great thinking and creativity.
Patriot x-rays, how fun! The flesh-colored spot on lower left is actually a gray-hatted worker using a spot spray on the car just before I entered the beast :)

#3 is the air blower, I believe, near the end. Many thanks for commenting, Minnie!

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:01 am

Matt Quinn wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:09 am
Linda, I really go for #2. Looks like our galaxy at its formation. Were you listening to Jimmy Croce? Matt
I saw outer space, so we're on the same wave length for that one, Matt :D Many thanks for your interest.

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by davechinn » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:36 pm

LindaShorey wrote:

Thinking outside the box is always a good thing !!! The first one is so colorful, almost have a desire to be eaten. I'm still trying to figure out what the last one actually is. I may be so close that I can't see.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:52 pm

davechinn wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:36 pm
Thinking outside the box is always a good thing !!! The first one is so colorful, almost have a desire to be eaten. I'm still trying to figure out what the last one actually is. I may be so close that I can't see.
Dave
Thanks for commenting, Dave! Keep in mind the perspective is from my driver's seat through the windshield. #3 is the air blowers (after the washing and rinsing stage) hanging from the ceiling, I believe. What was particularly fun was just working with what came in the frame, not thinking about - or wanting to - crop or flip...though too bad the big part of machinery on right is cut off :lalala:

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:02 pm

I think they are all terrific! Very imaginative! I know you were "just shooting what came into frame" but there's a vision behind it, and the editing shows it. (OK)
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|