Page 1 of 1

Name That Tune!

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:11 pm
by LindaShorey
This image is a result of Rborud's comment in my earlier topic Looking for guidance.... His suggestion was that I not advertise the effect, rather to let folks discover on their own. Ooops :)

This is a prototype for possible future endeavors. The first person who successfully identifies the song, based on the seven "notes" shown below, wins a year's supply of links to my future topics!

Re: Name That Tune!

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:20 pm
by Psjunkie
No music back ground but an engaging image Linda....

Re: Name That Tune!

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:25 pm
by minniev
LindaShorey wrote:This image is a result of Rborud's comment in my earlier topic Looking for guidance.... His suggestion was that I not advertise the effect, rather to let folks discover on their own. Ooops :)

This is a prototype for possible future endeavors. The first person who successfully identifies the song, based on the seven "notes" shown below, wins a year's supply of links to my future topics!


Love it. This is a great series.

My guess with my near-zero knowledge of music notes: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star...

Re: Name That Tune!

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:41 am
by LindaShorey
Psjunkie wrote:No music back ground but an engaging image Linda....
Thanks Frank!

minniev wrote:Love it. This is a great series.

My guess with my near-zero knowledge of music notes: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star...


You win the big prize, Minnie :thumbup: :thumbup:

Re: Name That Tune!

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:17 pm
by St3v3M
I'm curious what the birds are after, I assume this is after the harvest and they're looking for bugs. Are these Starlings? Do you ever see them in formation? S-

Re: Name That Tune!

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:55 pm
by LindaShorey
St3v3M wrote:I'm curious what the birds are after, I assume this is after the harvest and they're looking for bugs. Are these Starlings? Do you ever see them in formation? S-


I was surprised to discover last winter that they are redwing blackbirds! I would have guessed starlings as well. I always equated RWBB as a forward scout of spring, like robins - except robins often winter over now too.

A quick Google search says, "In winter, grain is an important source of food, and many birds feed on corn stubble and at feedlots." So I suspect they are in the hops fields for the harvest leftovers, just as they were in the cornfields when I photo'd last year. With the amount of agriculture around Yakima Valley, they'll probably continue to be plentiful.

Last February:

Re: Name That Tune!

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:27 pm
by St3v3M
LindaShorey wrote:I was surprised to discover last winter that they are redwing blackbirds! I would have guessed starlings as well. I always equated RWBB as a forward scout of spring, like robins - except robins often winter over now too.

A quick Google search says, "In winter, grain is an important source of food, and many birds feed on corn stubble and at feedlots." So I suspect they are in the hops fields for the harvest leftovers, just as they were in the cornfields when I photo'd last year. With the amount of agriculture around Yakima Valley, they'll probably continue to be plentiful.

Last February:

That's a beautiful photo on its own but even more so now that I know more about your birds, thank you for that! S-